London SE1 community website

Strata - Castle House development - aka Multiplex Tower

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 113 of 120
Tuesday 28 September 2010 11.12am
New years coming up... anybody with North Westerly views on a high floor willing to hold a party? - great vantage point for the fireworks!
Wednesday 29 September 2010 8.49am
Alas we arent generally there on New Year's Eve. Have to come to us for Nov 6th...
Sunday 10 October 2010 7.05pm
Just noticed a 'Real Greek' banner at Draper House as I was passing on the bus. Is this for things to come in the near future - chain stores and restaurants? It's all happening around Strata... new restaurant and roundabout! Still no closer to knowing what the two retail units at Strata will be used for... anybody got insight yet?
Sunday 10 October 2010 7.14pm
They decide on the tenants for those units until probably the beginning of the year. Apparently, prospective tenants are not interested until the building is full.
Sunday 10 October 2010 8.39pm
[email protected] wrote:
Just noticed a 'Real Greek' banner at Draper House as I was passing on the bus. Is this for things to come in the near future - chain stores and restaurants? It's all happening around Strata... new restaurant and roundabout! Still no closer to knowing what the two retail units at Strata will be used for... anybody got insight yet?

Slightly mis-read: it's My Big Fat Greek which seems to be independent. Strata residents might want to hope they don't get a shop like the one under Metro Central Heights opposite the shopping centre.
Sunday 10 October 2010 10.06pm
We were assured by the management people that they would be mindful of the standing of the building when choosing the businesses.
Tuesday 12 October 2010 4.16pm
Hi there,

For those of you who are living at Strata… how is it living in there so far? Is it ok that the windows can't be opened and you have to put up with the vents instead?
How is the flat temperature when its sunny and warm outside? What about the noise?
Tuesday 12 October 2010 7.34pm
Yes indeed Zappomatic. The shop under the South Block of Metro Central is an absolute menace, (it should never have been there, crafty St.George sold off that space whch was meant to be the entrance to the South Block). It is scruffy and disreputable and really lowers the tone...Strata residents be on the ball to stop the same sort of tatty joint being tacked on to your shiny new building.
Friday 15 October 2010 11.53am
nejmen wrote:
Hi there,
For those of you who are living at Strata… how is it living in there so far? Is it ok that the windows can't be opened and you have to put up with the vents instead?
How is the flat temperature when its sunny and warm outside? What about the noise?

Good!

Vents work well in my opinion, with my three open there's a nice breeze through (I'm dual aspect on the back corner) and it keeps pretty cool. Others without that benefit have complained that its can be warm.

I do miss being able to properly assess the outside temperature, but the advantages of being able to leave them open during the day are worth having.

Sirens on Newington Butts are my main noise complaint, but with the vents closed they aren't a nuisance.
Friday 15 October 2010 3.14pm
Ah the sirens, you will learn to love them jamesup...
Current: 113 of 120

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions