London SE1 community website

Strata - Castle House development - aka Multiplex Tower

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 114 of 120
Monday 25 October 2010 9.52am
jamesup wrote:
nejmen wrote:
Hi there,
For those of you who are living at Strata… how is it living in there so far? Is it ok that the windows can't be opened and you have to put up with the vents instead?
How is the flat temperature when its sunny and warm outside? What about the noise?

Good!

Vents work well in my opinion, with my three open there's a nice breeze through (I'm dual aspect on the back corner) and it keeps pretty cool. Others without that benefit have complained that its can be warm.

I do miss being able to properly assess the outside temperature, but the advantages of being able to leave them open during the day are worth having.

Sirens on Newington Butts are my main noise complaint, but with the vents closed they aren't a nuisance.

Thank you James,

So I understand from your message that those with the smaller flats still have the issues with warm temperatures reported after the first tenants moved in?

Cheers
Monday 25 October 2010 3.07pm
I live in a one bed and the temperature oscilate between 19 and 21 at the moment (without heating). I don't think anyone is complaining about overheating anymore with this weather.
Monday 25 October 2010 3.07pm
I live in a one bed and the temperature oscilate between 19 and 21 at the moment (without heating). I don't think anyone is complaining about overheating anymore with this weather.
Monday 25 October 2010 9.04pm
zefrog wrote:

Ok! Thanks for the clarification
Wednesday 24 November 2010 11.19am
Visited my friend again in the block and surprisingly the apartment was not at all cold despite not having the heating on... I guess residents will save a lot on heating bills over the winter period... might look in to saving up and getting myself an apartment.
Wednesday 24 November 2010 11.23am
The temperature fluctuates around 18 degrees at the moment (am not there much so am guessing it would be a bit higher if more occupied). haven't really switched the heating yet. only a couple of little bursts to take the humidity off the air... Though I am guessing this will change with the cold front hitting us
TAK
Wednesday 24 November 2010 11.32am
On another topic, I thought there was a section 106 clause for some public art located in the space between tower and pavillion building.
Does anyone know what's happening with this?
Thursday 25 November 2010 10.32am
Does anyone else think Strata is going to become a recognisable/iconic building of London? Just noticed the turbines on BBC1's Apprentice last night.
Thursday 25 November 2010 10.38am
I think Spooks should come and film some sort of chase around the turbines...
Thursday 9 December 2010 10.04am
Strata never ceases to amaze me... visited last night to find a huge Christmas tree in the hallway - floor to ceiling and the lobby is TALL!!!
Current: 114 of 120

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions