London SE1 community website

Strata - Castle House development - aka Multiplex Tower

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 115 of 120
Thursday 9 December 2010 11.02am
It's 18 feet - I'm rather impressed with the guys that got it in there!
Thursday 9 December 2010 11.04am
Tak - I'm not sure if this is it, but the whole plan for the front area was split into two phases following southwark/TfLs inability to deliver the new road layout in time, the second phase will follow the closure of the subways and see the extension of the paving - maybe the art goes in then?

Personally think its rather busy at is it - would prefer more trees to a lacklustre sculpture.
Thursday 13 January 2011 12.23pm
It surprises me a little that Strata has come through relatively unscathed from the housing downturn despite being sold off-plan in 2007 (just before the crash). I think other developers can learn a lot from this project!

This article sheds a bit of light on this though:
http://www.property-report.com/site/london%E2%80%99s-newest-urban-landmark-makes-its-debut-in-asia-11101
Monday 28 March 2011 6.59pm
When are the turbines going to be ready and whirling?
Tuesday 29 March 2011 10.02am
You ARE kidding....they're just a PR landmark, you can bet they'll never really operate. The secret of Strata getting off the ground is that the builder got his ducks in a row soon enough and didnt faff around like the rest of the developers in the E&C Regeneration group, who therefore lost their slots and their finance and have had to wait out the recession.
Tuesday 29 March 2011 10.59am
Jackie is half right - the Turbines were a requirement of planning permission (Ken required 10% on site renewable power).

They are now working, when the wind is blowing from the southern quarters, not too fast, not too slow - but if you see the little crane out (as I think it is at the moment, for window cleaning) they have to be switched off.
Tuesday 29 March 2011 12.22pm
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
You ARE kidding....they're just a PR landmark, you can bet they'll never really operate. The secret of Strata getting off the ground is that the builder got his ducks in a row soon enough and didnt faff around like the rest of the developers in the E&C Regeneration group, who therefore lost their slots and their finance and have had to wait out the recession.

Jackie, do you think so? *-)
Thursday 31 March 2011 7.42am
All 3 are spinning this morning!
Thursday 31 March 2011 11.38am
eddglynn wrote:
All 3 are spinning this morning!

Ribit, ribit, ribit.

Going tha way later. Will check it out!
Thursday 31 March 2011 11.48am
Seems like that window cleaning crane is constantly out
Current: 115 of 120

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions