London SE1 community website

Strata - Castle House development - aka Multiplex Tower

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 116 of 120
Thursday 31 March 2011 12.20pm
Happy to know I'm wrong and that the turbines are going, but to what effect is the question. WHAT exactly are they powering?
Thursday 31 March 2011 1.20pm
The sale of the remaining empty flats.
Thursday 31 March 2011 1.32pm
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
Happy to know I'm wrong and that the turbines are going, but to what effect is the question. WHAT exactly are they powering?

Power goes into the National Grid, so it's powering a bit of everything ;)
Thursday 31 March 2011 10.31pm
graham wrote:
The sale of the remaining empty flats.

Are there any empty flats?
Saturday 2 April 2011 11.11am
Fair number of flats remain for sale:
http://extras.stratalondon.com/availability#sort_order=ace&sort_by=floor

I was also coming on to post the same thing - I've seen all three turbines working (only ever seen two before!) on multiple occasions on the past three days. Quite unbelievable! This is possibly one of the messengers of the apocalypse. (Messenger 2: work actually starting on Oakmayne Plaza)
Saturday 2 April 2011 11.39am
Breathtaking views, but not an opening window to be had in order to take that breath?-\
TAK
Saturday 2 April 2011 12.58pm
edd54 wrote:
Fair number of flats remain for sale:
http://extras.stratalondon.com/availability#sort_order=ace&sort_by=floor

I was also coming on to post the same thing - I've seen all three turbines working (only ever seen two before!) on multiple occasions on the past three days. Quite unbelievable! This is possibly one of the messengers of the apocalypse. (Messenger 2: work actually starting on Oakmayne Plaza)

13 out of about 300 private flats / 408 apartments in total is not bad at all I think. Interesting how all of them seem to be near the top of the building though.
Saturday 2 April 2011 2.00pm
Weren't there some fancy penthouses right at the top? Did they sell? Pretty high up huh!
Saturday 2 April 2011 5.32pm
I think the penthouses at the top are still vacant (it's listed in another section of their website 'sky collection'). Views to kill for, huh?

Also, my understanding is the higher you go up the tower, the higher the valuation of the flats.... hence so many high levels still being available.
Sunday 3 April 2011 12.46pm
Checked the Strata website for availability -

STRATA SKY COLLECTION: Still for sale

Level 41 - Apt 41.05 3 Bedroom Apartment 2,500,000

Level 41 - Apt 41.01 3 Bedroom Apartment 2,500,000

LESSER NON -SKY:

Level 39 - Apt 39.01 3 Bedroom Apartment 1,150,000

Who is realistically going to buy these? Celebs? Investors? Astronomers?

When I downloaded the Sky Collection brochure, it was blank? Not sure why! Maybe it's a secret.

http://extras.stratalondon.com/pdfs/Strata_Sky_Collection_Bro.pdf

What strikes me also about these multi-millionaire pads is how tacky and lifeless they seem in the decor and fittings department. Each to their own.

Remember though! "What truly sets Strata apart is one simple fact: you can live in it." Quote from the website! Amazing! You can live in it!
Current: 116 of 120

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions