London SE1 community website

Strata - Castle House development - aka Multiplex Tower

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 117 of 120
Thursday 14 April 2011 4.34pm
A cool 1,300 psf to listen to those turbines until they're finally condemned.
Friday 15 April 2011 6.57am
MAPMAKER!! Glad you're still alive. What does psf mean?
Friday 15 April 2011 10.05am
per square foot, I presume.
Saturday 16 April 2011 9.01pm
Turbines have been running this week and as before sound like a bunch of demented frogs to anyone behind the building.
Saturday 16 April 2011 9.37pm
Zappomatic, where are you standing when you say you're behind te building? Do you mean south of the building, on the ground? Because I've been beside and behind the building while the turbines and not heard a thing. Or maybe you're in the apartment underneath the turbines, having paid for your apartment?

Or perhaps you do actually have a box of demented frogs about your person? :)
Saturday 16 April 2011 10.44pm
You can hear the turbines when walking along Hampton Street, which is behind Strata.
Sunday 17 April 2011 12.23am
I've heard them in Hampton Street and Crampton Street, and also between O Central and the railway line.
Monday 18 April 2011 9.08am
I don't think you're supposed to be able to here them whilst near or in the building. Most of the noise is heard at a radius of around 1 mile around the building.
Wednesday 20 April 2011 2.28pm
The bearings will become noisy. As I've posted previously the engineers who put them in reputedly give them a life measured in months not years before the bearing noise is unbearable in the building. Presumably explains why they're running only one turbine at once, only occasionally. Should last for years that way!

Haven't seen one running for several days now.
Thursday 21 April 2011 9.54am
We get a good view of the turbines from our place. Hardly ever see them turning, and generally only ever see one turning at once. Saw all three going at once a week or two back, which was quite remarkable.

...if you press it, they will come.
Current: 117 of 120

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions