London SE1 community website

Strata - Castle House development - aka Multiplex Tower

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 120
TAK
Monday 26 February 2007 1.13pm
James,

sorry about it and thanks for changing it.
I didn't realise they were so big since I took these images with my mobile phone camera straight off the planning documents.
Monday 26 February 2007 1.24pm
Excellent pics - thanks very much for posting these.
Monday 26 February 2007 6.40pm
hi folks
(relatively) new poster

..se1 reminds me of Dubai..:-)

im too lazy to do much about it but...
does anyone have an overview of where the 'pots of money' generated by all these different developments is going to go?
(preferably in an easy to understand diagram.. haha)

i was just wondering if the London planning system and the parochial nature of local politics is really upto these 21st century developments

i spose this regeneration of north south(!?) London is only going to happen once
PJ
Monday 26 February 2007 11.22pm
Great pics of the Multiplex Tower. Does anyone have any pictures of the Okmayne Project apart from the usual couple that always appear on their website?
TAK
Wednesday 28 February 2007 1.29am
Lang Rabbie wrote:
I don't think they airbrushed it out, just used some very closely cropped pictures..

Found a picture showing both.
Again, please remember that the viewpoint is from approx. 6th floor, so in reality it will look different from street level.
Multiplex Tower
Wednesday 28 February 2007 7.54am
The place isnt going to look like Dubai, but it sure is going to look different. The money is going into the pockets of rich people who will get even richer. (That is, the money which hasnt gone into the pockets of the people they had to pay off to get their frequently exaggerated plans allowed). The Elephant has been shabby enough and disparaged enough to make it perfect for redevelopment and I for one am thrilled about it, but I've come, sadly, to the realisation that the opportunism and jumping-on-the-bandwagon-ism is an irradicable part of anything happening in this country. Greed is Good has been well and truly adopted. Thus the Elephant could have been developed more sympathetically than will in the end be the case, but I for one cant fight the prevailing culture of squeezing the last penny out of the situation.
Wednesday 28 February 2007 9.47am
Thanks for the pictures of the Multiplex Tower, Tak. Interesting stuff. Can't decide if it's going to look impressively futuristic, or bleakly modern.

Also not sure about the wind turbines. They're huge! Will the engineers really be able to isolate the flats directly below from the noise and vibration?
Wednesday 28 February 2007 9.49am
How else do you think things get regenerated & developed- It all has to be paid for? Of course people are going to propose developments in areas on the up & make money, that's one reason how down at heel areas develop. Property development is the same the world over whether your a small scale buy to let investor or large scale developer.

The E&C regeneration is an excellent example of public-private partnership, Southwark is going to get small scale more human housing for its council residents & the shabby central area is going to getting some fine pieces of modern architecture.
JQL
Wednesday 28 February 2007 10.53am
Agreed Lambeth Lad...Jackie is very interesting in the way that she continually bemoans development and the spectre of profit whilst not missing an opportunity to point out that she has the massive "Penthouse" of Metro Central Heights with a huge balcony complete with trees - and yet still resents any company who takes risks to regenerate an area. Multiplex will be taking a huge risk to build the tower and deserve to make a profit from it.

I also think she should be very careful about her repeated references to bribery which may cause Berkeley's lawyers (and others) to take note.
TAK
Friday 2 March 2007 12.10am
Found an image of Oakmayne Plaza I have not seen before:

View along Elephant Road

It looks bigger than I would have expected, judged by the main image usually used in publications.

Does anyone have a site plan or images along New Kent Road?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 120

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions