London SE1 community website

Strata - Castle House development - aka Multiplex Tower

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 120
Monday 5 March 2007 11.59am
I tend to agree to some extent, the tunnels mean you dont take your life in your hands crossing all that traffic and you stay dry longer. Thing is,the whole area is due to be pedestrianised so the tunnels arent going to be necessary. Staying dry will still be a problem!
Monday 5 March 2007 12.16pm
See separate thread about the Regeneration Programme
Tuesday 20 March 2007 12.28pm
Demolition has started on the site of Castle House.
TAK
Tuesday 20 March 2007 1.28pm
wjfox2004 wrote:
Demolition has started on the site of Castle House.

Has it really? Aren't they just disconnecting the services or something?
There is still no hoarding around the site which was supposed to be put up at the end of last year....

Has anyone seen info on the London Park Hotel site proposal - for 470 flats?
Tuesday 20 March 2007 2.46pm
See this page on the E&C site. Castle House demolition has begun...
http://www.elephantandcastle.org.uk/00,news,683,185,00.htm
Tuesday 20 March 2007 2.57pm
I think that article is probably referring to the internal demolition work going on in the building. I certainly didn't notice any obvious signs of external demolition when I passed by last night or this morning. I wonder what is taking so long? Is there loads of asbestos there perhaps?

Also very interesting to see that the London Park Hotel site is being ear-marked as a long-term venue for the Southwark Playhouse.
PJ
Tuesday 20 March 2007 8.56pm
Does anyone have a completion date for the Tower?
TAK
Wednesday 21 March 2007 1.47pm
I looked again at Castle House this morning: The front entrance was locked (with padlocks from the outside) and appart from three parked cars there was no activity on the rear either, nor any noise coming out from the inside...either they are the quietest demolition crew ever or they must have been on a coffee break!
Works are supposed to take approx. three years, so that's completion in 2010.

Demolishion of the Volvo garage @ Elephant Road goes steady - this morning they started to tear down the remaining steelframe / roof of the building along New Kent Road.
Jac
Wednesday 21 March 2007 2.21pm
TAK wrote:
Works are supposed to take approx. three years, so that's completion in 2010.

This is multipex we are talking about so add on at least a year if wembly stadium is anything to go by.
Sunday 22 April 2007 7.20am
DEMOLITION COMPANY 999 ARE NOW ON SITE AND PUTTING UP FENCING.THE CARPARK BEHIND CASTLE HOUSE IS NOW FENCED IN AND HAS 24 HOUR GUARD,SO DEMOLITION MUST BE SOON.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 120

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions