London SE1 community website

Strata - Castle House development - aka Multiplex Tower

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 120
Sunday 22 April 2007 8.42am
dave, have you lost the Caps Lock button or do you just like SHOUTING?
Sunday 22 April 2007 10.04am
^ Lol :)
TAK
Sunday 22 April 2007 4.22pm
Demolition company is actually called 777. From what I heard they should finish their bit on 31 August.
Friday 27 April 2007 1.38pm
They were putting up the hoardings round the demolition site as I went past this morning.
PJ
Friday 27 April 2007 4.09pm
Can anyone post pictures as it comes down?
Friday 27 April 2007 4.17pm
I was thinking that might be an idea....I have a good view of the top six floors from my vantage point at the LCC, so I'll give it a go.
TAK
Friday 27 April 2007 6.11pm
JayBee wrote:
I was thinking that might be an idea....I have a good view of the top six floors from my vantage point at the LCC, so I'll give it a go.

I wonder if you look at the right building. Castle House, the building to be demolished has only about six floors in total. A number of people seem to think the towerblok next door comes down but this is not the case.
Currently the hoarding is being put in place so it's quite easy to identify where exactely the site is....
Also, I believe the building might get completely wrapped up for demolishion to contain possible asbestos, so not sure whether much will be visible......
PJ
Friday 27 April 2007 7.34pm
Can we have some pictures of it going up then? Just excited to see progress finally at Elephant.
TAK
Friday 27 April 2007 11.15pm
PJ wrote:
Can we have some pictures of it going up then? Just excited to see progress finally at Elephant.

That'll be a while.
If demolishion is complete at end of August the piling / foundation etc. need to be done. My guess is this could easily take another two months, so I don't expect the tower to come out of the ground before November at the earliest.

The Oakmayne Plaza scheme seems much more advanced, demolision has been finished and I believe excavation works have started.
Saturday 28 April 2007 6.12am
When I get back in June I'll send you all pcs of the Volvo site (Oakmayne) - they sure are digging up a storm and what with that and the tower on our parking lot, the noise of digging is absolutely deafening...lucky me being away now for two months. But I have a bird's eye view of it all so will post pics regularly from my eyrie on top of Metro Central Heights.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 120

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions