London SE1 community website

Strata - Castle House development - aka Multiplex Tower

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 7 of 120
Sunday 29 April 2007 4.56pm
Oakmayne site is definitely making fast progress, site has been cleared and looks like foundations are going in now.
Tuesday 1 May 2007 10.46am
Here's a couple of photos from my little perch:

Click for larger size

Click for larger size
PJ
Tuesday 1 May 2007 1.53pm
That's great. Thanks for that. The site doesn't look big enough for the buildings though.

Also does anyone know if the estate behind this site is going to be demolished.
Tuesday 1 May 2007 2.53pm
Yes the estate behind - the Heygate, is going to be demolished.
PJ
Wednesday 2 May 2007 10.10am
Does anyone know when the Heygate is being demolished?
Friday 4 May 2007 2.53pm
Having seen recently that floors 11-22 of the Muliplex tower all sold in 24 hours, I wonder if the Oakmayne Plaza will block North views from there of Tate & St. Paul's and that a few of the buyers may be a little disappointed in 2010?

If I recall correctly, the front of the the Multiplex tower faces NNE not directly North, so I guess the 23 storey Plaza tower will be right in view.
Friday 4 May 2007 3.27pm
Castle House will be to the immediate right hand side and the proposed London Park Hotel site is also planned in this direction. Then there is also the plans (as yet unfinalised) for offices on the Shopping Centre site......all change at the Elephant! (at last!)
Saturday 5 May 2007 10.36am
Heygate is supposed to be being demolished end of 2009.

I saw the shorter wider block the other side of Draper House with scaffolding - is that getting demolished too?
TAK
Saturday 5 May 2007 4.49pm
found a new image on the property websites

multiplex tower
Saturday 5 May 2007 5.55pm
What a MONSTER...
Current: 7 of 120

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions