London SE1 community website

Strata - Castle House development - aka Multiplex Tower

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 9 of 120
PJ
Monday 14 May 2007 5.12pm
2 bedrooms in the high 400's and 500's and one bedrooms 300's plus. Studios about 250k.
Tuesday 15 May 2007 6.10am
Holy Moley....who ARE all these people with so much cash?
Tuesday 15 May 2007 11.28am
City workers. The City is booming at the moment.
PJ
Wednesday 16 May 2007 11.11am
The building isn't scheduled to be completed until 2010 so it is quite a long build. Wonder if multiplex will actually deliver it on time?
Wednesday 16 May 2007 12.03pm
It will be externally complete before 2010.
Wednesday 16 May 2007 12.03pm
After Wembley I guess there's only an outside chance...
Wednesday 6 June 2007 3.30pm
Any progress on site?
Wednesday 6 June 2007 4.54pm
Nothing I could see last weekend. I'm away at the moment but as of Saturday the site was leveled and all the gravel was piled up in one corner (much as in the photos I posted upthread). Nothing much is going on.

Jackie R's favourite development (hereafter JRFD) in the Metro Central Heights car park is meanwhile advancing apace. Foundations are being dug at the moment (I think - it's a large rectangular hole in the ground...)
TAK
Wednesday 6 June 2007 5.16pm
emmalouise99 - you're refering to the Oakmayne Plaza site. Nothing has happened there in the last three weeks.

Multiplex site:
They still seem to do internal / asbestos removel inside Castle House. It's been a bit quieter there for the last few days. - anyway, demolition is scheduled to be finished by end of august.
Wednesday 6 June 2007 6.49pm
Very flattered to have an acronym - even for so dire a thing. The only good thing is that I'm away often enough not to have to face the full awfulness every day.
Current: 9 of 120

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions