London SE1 community website

New Pizzeria in SE1!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6
Friday 27 July 2007 11.13am
Can't help noticing it still hasn't opened - anyone have any more news?
Friday 27 July 2007 3.59pm
Is it anything to do with the supposed shop next door? I've always wondered if that was a front for something, a 24 hour shop/off licence/minicab which I've only ever seen open once or twice.

Not as odd as the food shop on the Old Kent Road which is always open but has a cracked window and mostly empty shelves...
Friday 27 July 2007 5.51pm
No the shop next door used to own/rent the other place but now they're seperate. I agree It's always appeared a bit dodgy though!
Monday 26 November 2007 12.46pm
I presume this isn't happening now?!
Monday 26 November 2007 5.05pm
I walked past on my way home on Friday evening and it was looking close to finished.
Sunday 2 December 2007 4.24pm
I'll have to keep an eye out and see if any builders can let me know what's happening. They did a lot of work on the pavement outside which would have messed up the opening, if it had gone ahead.
Tuesday 4 December 2007 1.45pm
I've just had an email from the proprietor - Sorriso Pizza & Pasta Restaurant opens in a fortnight.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 3 February 2008 7.27pm
Another delay. I've just been told that it's opening 10th February. They're getting it cleaned up inside and have some greenery around now.

However watch this space. ;->
Sunday 3 February 2008 7.52pm
I hope the service is quicker that the refit.
Monday 4 February 2008 5.43pm
I'm rather inclined to agree! If I see anyone there I'll try and get some more details. Since we lost Castello we're a little short on sit down restaurants that aren't chains.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 2 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions