London SE1 community website

New Pizzeria in SE1!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6
Saturday 5 April 2008 10.07pm
Saw a sign outside the place today, opening on Monday 7th April.
Sunday 6 April 2008 7.10am
I dont BELIEVE it! Finally!
Monday 7 April 2008 9.25am
Saw the sign too. Hopefully It'll be good. I'm going to try to book for tonight. We'll see how it goes but it is about time!
Monday 7 April 2008 12.13pm
Woohoo! Booked dinner for 6.30. They seemed nice and polite. See anyone else there?
Monday 7 April 2008 12.34pm
Let us know how it is!
Monday 7 April 2008 12.42pm
And please write a review here too.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 7 April 2008 1.00pm
Thanks Dronid for being our guinea pig and like we say in French "dry the plaster" . But it would not really be fair to write a review on their opening night, they are bound to make a few mistakes. Like at the theatre, they should be given the opportunity to work a few nights before bringing in the critics. Let's hope they will offer us great Italian food at good prices like Castello was able to provide us for many satisfying years. Thanks for letting us know your first impressions of this new addition in E&C.
Monday 7 April 2008 1.16pm
I shall be gentle with them and I'll make clear from the review that it is for the opening night. I did get shown around by the proprietor a few months back and it did look nice inside. The seemed pleased I was booking too so here's hoping for a good experience!
Monday 7 April 2008 7.49pm
Well that was a lovely meal. If they keep it up and fix the heating problem it'll be great. I can recommend it.
Tuesday 8 April 2008 2.22pm
Morning after the night before.

Well the pizza didn't leave me feeling overfull even though it was larger than a standard Castello Pizza and it wasn't overflavoured with garlic while still being well seasoned.

We also got a free bruchetta and a brandy. 2 courses for two including a glass of nice house red for 35
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions