London SE1 community website

New Pizzeria in SE1!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6
Tuesday 8 April 2008 8.54pm
I was there last night too, whilst a teetotal vegan may not be the best person to write a restaurant review. I had a great pizza, bruscheta was OK, water was fine, Franco seems a lovely host, the upstairs dining room will no doubt be buzzing at the weekends, and the cost was moderate.
Yes, I'll certainly go back.
Wednesday 9 April 2008 10.03am
We had takeaway pizza on opening night. Really lovely pizza, lovely people and 19 for three pizze! Will be back and eat in next time.
Wednesday 9 April 2008 12.11pm
I also went last night with an Italian friend and was impressed. It's going to become my local - the food was really nice and well-priced, it was very well set out. The'ye put in a false ceiling to create two floors and the upper floor is more like a cafe / bar. There's apparently free wifi upstairs.

I really like it - it's just what the Elephant needs.
Thursday 17 April 2008 3.04pm
Hi,
Been a lurker for a while on this site, well, long before houseprices in SE1 became an obsession here.
Anyway, my partner and I sampled this restuarant last Saturday night. It's magic, as long as you don't expect cordon bleu type fare. We had a couple of Peronis whilst waiting for our starters which were stuffed mushrooms and prawns and advocado. Mains were veal milanese with napoli spaghetti and linguini vongole (no shortage of clams) accompanied by a decent bottle of Chianti. Both of us had desserts, double espressos, grappa and liminado. We walked out to the night air completely sated, with our wallets having been emptied by a tad over 70, inc tip. Should have tipped a coupla quid more to make the regular 10% but had not the change. All in all, a good addition to the area. They should put a board or sign up by the Salvation Army building, as a lot of potential customers will miss it as it's off the main drag.
Cheers,
Jaycee
Thursday 17 April 2008 4.13pm
Are we talking "proper" Italian pizzas here, please?

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 17 April 2008 4.22pm
If they're proper Italian, they'd surely be "Pizze" ;0)
Anyway, the pizzaioli are Italian (or is that "is Italian")
My chum and I had a very good evening there and recommend it.
Thursday 17 April 2008 4.23pm
Monday 21 April 2008 6.02pm
Does anyone know if it is open on Sundays?
Wednesday 23 April 2008 7.47pm
went there the other day,
it's really great,
really garish decor,
great cheesy music,
and really good food.
The staff were very nice to us,
and it doesn't cost any more
than a chain place.
It's just like the proper, family-run
italian places you get in the Melbourne suburbs..

Haresh
Friday 25 April 2008 3.36pm
Hi all, went there last night, I only had a pudding and some wine but the pizza and pasta had by others looked good and even though we didn't spend much (1 pizza, 1 pasta, 2 deserts, 1 bottle of wine and 2 soft drinks between 5 people) we got a big plate of nibble and a bottle of prosecco thrown in! Can't be bad! Service was lovely and friendly too and they do takeaway!

Kirsty
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 5 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions