London SE1 community website

New Pizzeria in SE1!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6
Tuesday 29 April 2008 2.07pm
After a gruelling 3 hour gym session, my bf and I tried to have lunch there at 3pm last Saturday but they turned us away as they had finished serving lunch and they would re-open at 6pm. In need of some fuel, we did not want to wait, so we went across the shopping centre to the Bodeguita, which was packed. For a newly opened pizzeria in a not very easy to find location, I thought they should try to attract as many new customers as possible and look at what the competition around them is doing. Who sticks to the old fashioned 12-2pm lunch at weekends these days?
By the way, I am not sure if this is a genuine Italian place as the guy was speaking Spanish, maybe the owners are Italian and staff Spanish/Latino...
Tuesday 29 April 2008 2.49pm
Hi Connie,
No connection etc...The owner is indeed Spanish and the pizza chefs are Italian. I'm pretty sure this is a small, independent business and, as such, can afford to employ a minimum number of staff who are entitled to a break every now and then.
Wednesday 30 April 2008 8.35am
Yep, and plenty of businesses in SE1 stick to lunch from 11-2.30pm at weekends even now - have you tried to get a Sunday roast after 2.30pm? I've never had much luck on that front. Still, back to the topic - I'm soooooooo pleased this little restaurant exists and I must find more excuses to use it!
Friday 8 August 2008 9.34am
They are open on Sunday, which is great, but closed on Monday. I took my mother and stepfather there who are over from Spain and they enjoyed it. The manager suggested a variety of planned improvements which sound positive. They also now do a lunch meal for either 5.99 or 6.99 which is 2 courses and wine which is pretty good value. Christmas menu (I was asking for my work!) will be out at the end of September.
Friday 8 August 2008 11.17am
After trying to go there 4 times and failing each time due to their closing times, I finally managed to dine there with 2 friends of mine. Upon my (nice) complaint, the manager kindly offered us our starter and nibbles, which I did not expect. I thought this was very good manners and the way to build loyalty. The atmosphere on the ground floor is rather gloomy but I will certainly go back, especially if it's open on Sundays. Would be great for takeways.
Friday 8 August 2008 12.09pm
We ate there a couple of times now and really enjoyed it on both occasions. The veal is great, enjoyed the calzone, drinkable house wine, decent prices. When we went with the kids we ordered some ice cream, which came in a cup the shape of a coyote. We were allowed to take it home, so the child wants to go back, too.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions