London SE1 community website

Haircut prices?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Thursday 22 March 2007 7.55pm
Before I moved to TBR, I went to a barber in Marylebone and paid 17.50 for a haircut. I remember I found that a bargain, at the time.
I think that I would easily be persuaded to pay between 13-17, especially for a barber around London Bridge/Tooley Street. I suppose many of the punters over there are corporate boys, and would certainly be able to pay such an amount.
Thursday 22 March 2007 8.02pm
6. Barber on the OKR just south of B&Q. Hair off; scalp on - what more could a fellah ask for?
Thursday 22 March 2007 8.05pm
maurits...

Oooh, no sir - no stereotype comments pleeeez

I live in the area and will not be ripped off - like most corporate boys. I enjoy good service and good value.

Jimmy's on Jamaica road: - I give the Man 10, including tip, for a top notch hair cut and chat.

If you want to be "easily be persuaded to pay between 13-17" then you are overlooking the hard working barbers around here that provide real value!
Thursday 22 March 2007 8.23pm
I agree with you, because it is exactly Nero who provides excellent value. I would be prepared to pay more then the usual 10, simply because he's good.

My remark is mostly based on a benchmark, since barbers prices tend to differ per area. Nero's question was how much people are prepared to pay and I think I answered that question.
Thursday 22 March 2007 10.00pm

It will take more than a clever barber to sort that one out.
Friday 23 March 2007 7.19am

That will be ten pounds for the Barnet and something for the weekend sir?
Monday 26 March 2007 9.15pm
Nero is de beste kapper in TOWN!
Ik wens je veel succes in je nieuwe kapsalon.
Je vriend Cor
Tuesday 27 March 2007 12.56pm
Translation of the reaction before:

Nero is the best barber in TOWN!
I wish you all the luck when opening your own hair salon.

Your friend cor
Tuesday 27 March 2007 4.42pm
If anything, he seems to have a strong Dutch fan base.
Tuesday 27 March 2007 5.48pm
Tony?

Nah, I am sure they hold him in the same regard as us Brits.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions