London SE1 community website

Southwark Refuse Disposal

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 2 of 9
Wednesday 16 July 2003 11.17am
I'm impressed.

Southwark answer their critics in a balanced and professional manner.

Thank you for the feedback, it is appreciated.
Wednesday 16 July 2003 11.29am
'Money is not the answer?' What is the answer, then? In case you hadn't noticed, it's a pay dispute. It's okay to support the brave firemen but not the dustmen.
Wednesday 16 July 2003 1.18pm
The answer is a Tory government, to put paid to those whingeing overpaid underworking lazy rubbish collectors and firemen who think that they can hold the country to ransome. Thank goodness that we are no longer reliant on coal miners for our electricity, otherwise they'd be out by now too.

Not Southwark's fault; not Ken's fault, but rather the Government's fault. (see above!)
Thursday 17 July 2003 8.07am
I'll tell you you what I find annoying is the lack of bins overall. I live on Tooley st and because none of my neighbours have a bin (a combination of them not being bothered to call the council and the council not bothering to provide them), I get all their rubbish outside of my house placed close to my bin. I will be really great when I come to sell the property, with one of the property's key features being the local refuse point.
Thursday 17 July 2003 1.04pm
To Southwark Council (as emails directly go nowhere)

Are we, as council tax payers, entitled to a refund for one weeks refuse collection? Dont you enter into a contract to provide services to us (as forced taxation)? We dont pay the refuse collectors, we pay you and therefore expect you to provide a service regardless of who you deal with.

If we withheld a weeks council tax, you would be down on us with the full force of your law but we on the other hand have no rights when you withhold a service. It stinks.

All I say to Labour voters is "Thanks for nothing"

Anyone, on a lighter side of things, anyone want to join me in dumping all my fish-filled rubbish on the councils front door at 3am tomorrow morning?
Thursday 17 July 2003 1.21pm
I'm game. but 3am is pretty pointless and smacks of fly tipping. If you want to make a point, I suggest 9am. And I did have fish on Sunday night, expecting the bits to be removed, as usual on Monday. And I am regretting it now.

(You're working for the wrong employer, you know, but what did your post about taxis home have to do with the congestion charge?)
Thursday 17 July 2003 1.33pm
Taxi and congestion charge was that the BBC provided Red Ken with a taxi for his interview even though "Mr Public Transport" knew very well that the tubes were running and its about 10 minutes away from Broadcasting House on the bus. In the meantime, staff who work very long hours with no notice cant get a taxi.

Post edited (17 Jul 03 14:47)
Thursday 17 July 2003 1.46pm
I agree with Paul....

We are entitled to a weeks refund. One law for us, one for them....
Thursday 17 July 2003 1.50pm
I have no smelly rubbish, because I put any food waste down the waste disposal machine in my luxury fitted kitchen.

Post edited (17 Jul 03 14:51)
Thursday 17 July 2003 1.53pm
Hard to disposal of a beer bottle down one of those things isnt it? :-)

Post edited (17 Jul 03 14:54)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 2 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions