London SE1 community website

Alcohol and entertainment license for Potters Fields Park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 6 of 8
Thursday 3 May 2007 2.00pm
What's Sarah short for ? Sarahndipity?

It's the false familiarity I dislike.
Thursday 3 May 2007 2.12pm
Sarahiously...
Friday 4 May 2007 5.27pm
Here is the result:
Southwark License Unit wrote:
Further to todays meeting, I can confirm that the decision of the Licensing Committee was that the licence was granted for the following
corporate events - total of 20 (hours as requested),
12 of the events to be used in December and no more than 2 in any other month.
cultural events - total of 30. 20 free to the public and alcohol at a total of 20 cultural events.
Event to finish at 22.30, alcohol to finish at 22.00 and live music to finish at 20.00.
Noise conditions as report 1 - 11 and 14.
The Committee section will provide us with the decision notice at some stage next week, which we will then forward on to you.

The noise conditions are listed here.

I attended this morning's Licensing Committee meeting and was impressed by the thoughtfulness and fairness of the 2 and a half hour hearings and am happy with this compromise. Some of the other issues (garbage, stewarding, hours of traffic...) are covered by Southwark's Events Policy which is part of the application.
Saturday 5 May 2007 12.04am
and downstairs before the decision was made an eight page full colour brochure for 'a grand opening' - three days of world class outdoor performance and installation marking the opening of london's stunning new riverside park.

brought to us by : ta da

southwark council yes it is them who leased the land and later granted a license to their leasee so no conflict of interest or bias there then!
mayor of london
lss london
norton rose who (they ed) and
london bridge business improvement district.

hours 17 may 1800-2230
18 may 1200-1400 & 1800-2230
19 may 1300-1700

screwed? i must remember to carry the personal lubricant anywhere near potters fields (sic) lack of trust!

but then again i never trusted mr ' a small opening event' cornford anyway ...
Saturday 5 May 2007 1.17am
As I read it..

1. The opening celebrations are a one-off, so little concern surely..even a good thing and I suspect they don't need a license anyway.

2. The Corporate events have wisely been concentrated round Christmas (max 12), leaving max 8 slots the rest of the year. Total 20 down from 25. Your point about the unpleasant noise and fumes of 50+ taxis in Tooley Street was well made.

3. The Cultural events have been cut from max 55 to 30 with alcohol at max 20 per year, live music stopped by 8pm, and no alcohol served after 10pm on those 20 occasions.

The facts don't support your expenditure on KY lube tho, you never know, you could try it as toothpaste.
Saturday 5 May 2007 6.49am
stand by for :

orkestra (sic) del sol - 'exubrant fanfare ...heady range of celebratory sound'
compost mentis 'whalley range all stars ... a compost heap ... gardener ... puppetry interventions.'
expressive fat 'spiral rig and exquisite aerial performance'
southwark dinner party 'four lavish dinner tables' for small carbon-based lifeforms
the strangelings 'expert theatrical gardeners'
the evergreens 'woodland themed alkabouts'
scarabeus 'poetic performance'
dotcomedy 'get lost' a maze

and after dark :
arts tout show 'terracotta firepots'
en vie 'luminescent sculpture'

more like pass the sick bag alice ...
Saturday 5 May 2007 10.11am
Was anything done about permission for 5000 people max,which represents an excessive total number of people ,especially if anything green is to survive
Saturday 5 May 2007 11.29am
Have to await details next week, but Stephen Cornford said he'd never want anything like that number...in practice, I think, the number is not limited by the license, but by the event organisers and stewards. I think that crowd problems would validly trigger a license review, tho damage to the lawn should be disincentive enough. Stephen Cornford is very approachable if you want to discuss it direct -

Stephen Cornford
Director
Potters Fields Park
Management Trust
3 Gainsford Street
London SE1 2NE

Tel: 020 7407 4701
[email protected]
Wednesday 4 July 2007 7.29am
thank odin for the rain saving us from 5000 tosca lovers ...
Wednesday 4 July 2007 10.07am
Personally I had been really looking forward to Tosca last night. I think Potters field is a great location for that type of event and should be used for just that sort of purpose. As a local I enjoy being able to go to so many events thats just dont exsist outside of London. Its one of the many reasons I love SE1 Im not even really an opera fan it seemsed silly to miss out on the opurtunity for myself and my family to see one for free.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 6 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions