London SE1 community website

"Talking" Cameras

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Wednesday 4 April 2007 3.22pm
Well at least the mike wont get alarmed when it gets a retort "F**ck off you fat slag" (among the more delicate responses I've received when daring to say anything about anyone dropping their litter). Once got beaten up with a Coke can.
Wednesday 4 April 2007 5.37pm
Did you alter the face of the city?
Did you make any change in the world you found?
Or did you observe all the warnings?
Did you read the trespass notices, did you keep off the grass?
Did you shuffle off the pavement just to let your betters pass?
Did you learn to keep your mouth shut,
Were you seen and never heard?
Did you learn to be obedient and jump to at a word,
Wednesday 4 April 2007 10.33pm
but Jackie - you're not fat!
Thursday 5 April 2007 6.27am
Ah Jon, I love you tooo....
Thursday 5 April 2007 9.37am
A week or so ago my flatmate ticked off some boys (when I say boys, they were in their early twenties) in Leicester Square who were shoving a homeless woman about - not beating her up I don't think, but not far off - and she got told to f*** off back to Ireland a few times. I wonder whether, if there's no real person there telling them off, it's more effective because there's no target for them to abuse? I guess it's bad PR for them to show you hordes of rampaging people hurling abuse randomly at the unknown sources of the voices, which is why we only see the clips of the voices being successful.
LA
Thursday 5 April 2007 11.52am
Do you think any offending youths are going to be able to hear the talking cameras over their insanely loud music playing in their earphones, or while playing mp3s on their mobiles so as to annoy all around?
Saturday 7 April 2007 3.59pm
KM wrote:
See BBC News 24 - in Middlesborough they tell litter louts to pick up their rubbish
Would it be cheaper to spend a few quid on trash cans and put them on street corners? It seems there is a reluctance to do this in this country, bad on streeets and worse in the tube, where I would say the 7/7 episode has pretty much rendered irrelevant, all the IRA-era excuses for the of litter bins.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions