London SE1 community website

Finding a doctor

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Wednesday 11 April 2007 1.39pm
I should have said - I am on Long Lane too, and if you are past Weston Street the Lansdowne Practice on Decima Street won't take you as that street is their boundary, but Falmouth Road will take you.
Wednesday 11 April 2007 1.49pm
i am with Falmouth road too and they do a very wide range of services there-osteopath, dietician councellors and the doctors are quite good. The only thing i do not like is that most appointments with a doctor you have to ring up on the day and book so you need to be able to ring at 9 am and keep ringing till you get through which is not always easy if you are working.
Thursday 12 April 2007 2.36pm
Thanks for all your advice. As far as where I live is concerned, there is, as J- Ann spotted, a clue in my handle!
Sunday 15 April 2007 10.24pm
I registered with New Mill Street Surgery when I lived in Long Lane, not sure what their catchment area is now and whether they have any 'spaces' but it's a great practice and they have up to date Heat in waiting area!
Thursday 25 October 2007 12.25pm
I've just moved to the Blackfriers area (hurrah!!) and have been given these choices for doctors:

Blackfriars Medical Practice
45 Colombo Street, London SE1 8EE

Waterloo Health Centre
5 Lower Marsh, London SE1 7RJ

St Phillips Medical Centre
Sheffield Street, London WC2A 2EX

Borough Medical Centre
1-5 Newington Causeway, London SE1 6ED

Any recommendations?
Saturday 27 October 2007 6.51am
I would go with Blackfriars Medical Centre , for sure. They are great !!
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions