London SE1 community website

Free WiFi access?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Tuesday 17 April 2007 1.29pm
Zappomatic wrote:
All Southwark libraries provide free wifi access. Not sure about Lambeth as I don't use their libraries.

make that 'some' libraries - john harvard and peckham only as far as i know
Tuesday 17 April 2007 3.06pm
SoBo on Tower Bridge Road have free WiFi.
Tuesday 17 April 2007 5.33pm
The Glad (Gladstone Arms) on Lant St. near Borough high street has it. They told me when I got a laptop out.
Thursday 19 April 2007 12.20am
beetroot wrote:
The Glad (Gladstone Arms) on Lant St. near Borough high street has it. They told me when I got a laptop out.

only your laptop?

is it still a little gay?
Thursday 19 April 2007 5.15pm
No sizeist comments here please!

...if you press it, they will come.
Saturday 28 November 2009 9.51pm
James Hatts wrote:
We have a list of Wi-Fi locations here:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/wifi

I'd like to update it to show which are free and which aren't.

I also want to do another listing for wifi in non-coffee shop type venues such as John Harvard Library.

just wondering how up to date the lists are now? Is it time to do another trawl of everyone's knowledge?
Sunday 29 November 2009 11.11am
The Founders a Youngs Pub, nxt to the Tate Modern
Sunday 29 November 2009 7.09pm
we have the BT people coming in this week to do our phones and broadband. we will have free wifi throughout the building.

I'll let you know when work is completed

cheers
phil
"the crown" blackfriars rd
Sunday 29 November 2009 7.10pm
Up until a month ago you could have used our signal on the Peabody Estate at Southwark St. Alas, the trust reneged on a promise of funding so I've turned it off as the admin for it. I'm chasing alternative funding now, so will post if we are successful.
Monday 30 November 2009 9.22am
I see Plus Net are now doing a broadband service for 5.95 per month. Buy a router and then pay less than 2 coffees at Starbucks per month. Only drawback is 4mb feed
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions