London SE1 community website

SE1 Celebs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5
Saturday 14 April 2007 8.08pm
Gordon Ramsay was in our corner shop on Blackfriars Road recently! When the kids sussed out who he was, they were gobsmacked - he made a quick exit and drove off rapidly in his 4x4! Very polite during his fleeting visit!

Jenny
Saturday 14 April 2007 8.25pm
I haven't seen any celeb here other than Emily Watson at Suchard, the Thai restaurant just opposite Hilton at More London. I used to live in Belsize Park and celebs are everywhere - G Paltrow, Daisy Donovan, Matthew Wright, Kate Winslet, Judd Law and Sadie Frost (when they were splitting), etc. Bob Hoskins, a very nice man lives just around the corner.
Wednesday 18 April 2007 12.26pm
Myleene might like to join our SE1 Very Yummy Mummies Club (which has sprung up as a result of the apparent SE1 baby boom) as we sashay our way through SE1's finest restaurants sharing perfectly formed bump intimacies - if someone could be so kind as to forward the details...
Wednesday 18 April 2007 1.13pm
When I lived in Bayswater I saw all sorts around Westbourne Grove: Robbie Williams, Jeremy Clarkson, Joseph Fiennes, Naomi Campbell, Frank Lampard, Trudi Styler, Peter Mandelson, Mike Atherton, Mariella Frostrup, Eddie Izzard, and so on and so on. None so far in SE1, which strikes me as a good thing, not a bad one.
Wednesday 18 April 2007 1.19pm
I saw Carloe Malone (Sunday Mirror/CBB5 and Fat/Fit Club) driving her Sabb at St George's roundabout in Elephant the other day - wasn't sure if it was her at first until she grinned when I thanked her for letting me cross the road.
Wednesday 18 April 2007 1.57pm
I was ID'd at 34 in Asda on the OKR. Very flattering. And they wouldn't accept my non-photo driving licence...
Wednesday 18 April 2007 2.36pm
You'd better get in the queue for an ID card (see separate thread).

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 18 April 2007 2.36pm
Ha! I think IDing the quite-obviously-old-enough is on the rise in SE1. It happens to me with surprising regularity, given that I'm 30 and generally look jaded and cynical - maybe they mistake that for "moody teenager". It's happened in Tesco twice - the first time I was asked for a prove-it over-18 card, and last time it happened, when I told her I was 30 she said "Oh for god's sake" which I didn't really know how to take.
Wednesday 18 April 2007 3.00pm
Not long ago, I saw Graham Norton walking his dog by the Clink and also Clive James (looking not too good!)
Tuesday 1 May 2007 10.04am
Who is Jackie Rokonitz?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions