London SE1 community website

E&C Banking Facilities (Lack of!)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Monday 16 April 2007 8.36pm
Pops wrote:
Its no where near a mile. Its 0.6 of a mile, according to the AA. It you walk from the Elephant its about 7 mins.

As I said, there is construction work there at the Borough branch and as far as I know its not in use. Either way, its not remotely serving the E&C neighbourhood. So no point posting this as a "local bank branc". HSBC can do much better if they actually want to serve people here.
Friday 20 April 2007 3.19pm
HSBC foyer is now in action. But you get the gestapo treatment on the way in. And you still have to book an appointment to see a member of staff even when it is your branch . I was told no way in next couple of days. All I wanted was to pick up a cheque book!!!!
The foyer is stil closed out of business hours so no access to machines
Tuesday 24 April 2007 7.17pm
Rupert wrote:
Lloyds TSB in the shopping centre is hopeless. I've had my account there for years, and I'm seriously thinking about moving it. It's always massively understaffed (although the people that do work there try their hardest in impossible circumstances). The last manager told me that they are deliberately kept short-staffed by central Lloyds management as a way of saving money - ie branches in poor areas "don't matter" (same deal as Tesco, where less than half the tills are ever open).

Same with Nationwide on Walworth Road when I went to drop off some ID for a credit card application - small, tatty branch with queue coming out of the door, and staff who are visibly tired and stressed. I gave up and went to the Cheapside branch which was modern, spacious and possibly even over-staffed.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions