London SE1 community website

London Dungeon

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 1 August 2003 4.33pm
Agree with your point about litter, but the forcing people onto the path hasn't been helped by the fact that they've been upgrading the pavements along there for the last few months.

It seemed to me that, at least, had got better recently ?

Friday 1 August 2003 7.39pm
Have a word with Ken. City Hall employs quite a few litter
collectors who clear up constantly from Hays Galleria to Tower Bridge.
The queues that get my goat are the cash machines ones that
queue out into footpaths instead of along the wall. And the bus
queues/crowds around the elephant are akin to an obstacle course.
Actually, they don't really annoy me. Life is too short to get
uptight about such trivialities.
Wednesday 6 August 2003 2.09pm
In this instance, I don't think it should be Ken's or the Council's responsibility, but that of London Dungeon. The 99% of litter left on the streets is from their visitors. I would have thought that they would take some kind of pride in their business and local area to not allow it to get into such a state. How much does it cost to get a couple of black bin bags and have somebody from the Dungeon come out during the day to tidy up?

Surprisingly enough I have yet to get a response to my email asking them to respond.
Thursday 7 August 2003 4.17pm
I thought that the weird metal seats that were installed some time ago by Southwark Council, opposite the London Dungeon but nearer to London Bridge, were meant to take the long winding queues from the Dungeon, but apparently not, as I have never seen them used.

The litter and associated filth is clearly there thanks to London Dungeon's customers. They can either:

1. Give brushes to their customers and ask them to clear the mess themselves as they create it.

2. Hire one or two people to clear up the litter.

3. Ignore what is going on and just count the takings.

1 is the sensible course - people should grow up with a sense of responsibility for their actions.

2 is the route to good citizenship

3 is the solution for a true capitalist. Tell the world to piss off.

Looks like the management of the London Dungeon has chosen route 3... shame...

Maybe WE should take the initiative:

Hand out leaflets to their customers from the local residents as they queue up, requesting them not to litter, as the London Dungeon does not clear up the mess after they have gone, and we have to walk through it.

If done in a polite way, this should not offend, and it might make the odd national newspaper or two, if the story could be angled in the right way, such as having an attractive girl in a bikini do the distribution.

It's amazing what a bit of adverse publicity will do to deaf management.

Post edited (07 Aug 03 17:21)
Friday 8 August 2003 12.38pm
Nice ideas Charles, would be willing to go along with that.

I just phoned them up to ask for the name of the manager but they told me he's just resigned! However I did find out that the senior operations manager is someone called Cynthia D'Suza and the postal address is 28-34 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2SZ.

I will write to them and keep this thread updated with any responses I get.

Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions