London SE1 community website

Banksy style art by the tank on the OKR

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Saturday 16 June 2007 10.36am
Smoggy - yes that's where it is and is worth a visit.

Saw someone planning this new piece a few weeks ago. I told everyone i'd seen Banksy!
Monday 18 June 2007 1.47pm
I've just been for a wander down to see it for real. Very impressive indeed! I don't know if the new piece is also Mantis, it looks a similar style.

Does anyone know the story of the tank? Why is it there? I am intruiged!
Monday 18 June 2007 9.49pm
Cheers James!

Apparantly the new graffiti is by Arofish. I emailed Art of the State today with some pictures which will be added onto their graffiti blog.

Anyone know of other good graffiti around SE1 apart from the obvious stuff on the South Bank?
Wednesday 20 June 2007 6.33am
smoggy wrote:

Anyone know of other good graffiti around SE1 apart from the obvious stuff on the South Bank?

"Yoda is a nonce" used to be written in The Marigold's bogs, I'm not sure if Banksy wrote it.
Wednesday 20 June 2007 9.41am
What a great looking pub the Marigold is.

I was there on Friday and didn't see the 'Yoda' quote. But they did have tiles saying 'NO FARTING'.
Sunday 24 June 2007 9.25am
If somebody is interested and want to see the person who makes those beautiful creations next to the tank, go there NOW!!! and you will see him. He is just finishing another 2 impressive pictures on the wall next to the tank.
Monday 25 June 2007 10.19am
That wasn't him, that was the person who owns the house adjoining the wall with all the art. He was taking the new lot off as it was rubbish.

There does seem to be even more on there today. It's a shame as the first 2 were good but these new ones don't seem up to the same quality and are just ruining it.
Monday 25 June 2007 2.15pm
I agree. The new ones detract from the impact of the original.
Tuesday 26 June 2007 3.58pm
Has anyone seen the vandalism on the wall today. Just looks like it's paint thrown up high trying to spell a name or something. Such a shame!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions