London SE1 community website

Moving down to London SE11

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 18 May 2007 12.27pm
Welcome to Kennington !

I belong to New Horizons Gym on Liberty Street SW9 - about 7-10 min walk from Sancroft Street - built in last couple of years so brand new facilities with great swimming pool - and MUCH cheaper/quieter than the Holmes Place/Cannons of this world

Make sure you check out the White Hart gastropub at Kennington Cross and fab Amici restaurant and cafe - both a 2 min walk from you (No connection just a local fan). Other must visits include Kennington Tandoori for an amazing curry and if you like a beer on a summers evening check out The Prince of Wales in Cleaver Square. Shoppping is plentiful in The Cut - a 3 min walk from St Thomas's - a bit more upmarket than The Sarahs' suggestion of Lambeth Walk/Black Prince Road !

Supermarkets include Tesco on Kennington Lane & larger Sainsburys on Nine Elms Lane in Vauxhall.
Friday 18 May 2007 1.22pm
thanks for replying....anything else to look out for? What is the area like on sancroft street and what places should i avoid?
Friday 18 May 2007 2.02pm
The immediate area is dominated by large estates of social housing, with failed shopping centres like Lambeth Walk. (I was being ironic.) But there is a lot going on. Roots and Shoots. Various art galleries. Vauxhall City Farm.

It is extraordinary how this area can be so central and so forgotten.

Where are you coming from?
Monday 21 May 2007 10.00am
am coming from sheffield. i've been living in the near the town centre for little while...so been used to shops that are close proximity.
Wednesday 30 March 2011 6.33pm
The Sarah wrote:
... but you may discover you dont need a car.

A bicycle does a great job for me...
Wednesday 30 March 2011 10.18pm
jamesbond007 wrote:
Hi everyone,
I've just been offered a job at st thomas hospital and moving down to london in couple of weeks (3 weeks).

I've been offered hospital accommodation at sancroft street (se11). Is there any supermarkets nearby for shopping. What bout restaurants and take aways?

Also i love going to the gym and wondered is there anything nearby that area. I'm mostly into weights but finished cardio?

Am not going to take my car the first month but is there parking for residents etc?

your replies will be really helpful

cheers

There is this gym not that far from you :

Soho Gyms Waterloo, 11-15 Brad Street, London, SE1 8TG

The gym is two minutes' walk from Waterloo Mainline station, Waterloo Road exit. They give discount to emergency services , i assume NHS staff as well ? was around 45 a month when i used it.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions