London SE1 community website

Peter Ackroyd programme on London skyline

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 19 June 2007 4.50pm
Most of the programee gave ackroyds personal view many of which I agree with but its a bit irriatating when he gave some of his views as facts which they were not and he did this a number of times. Agree with too many shots of him and I didnt like the gittery camera work used at times. Also it was implied that the status of the tower of london as a world heritage site was under threat only because of the shard and not from the incredably ugly Berkely homes towers propossed at potters fields. Not a bad programme but could have been better.
Sunday 24 June 2007 3.52pm
I found it disappointing.Would have preferred to see Richard Rogers narrate on the subject.
Tuesday 17 July 2007 3.09pm
Check out pages 22-23 of today's Evening Standard. My panorama has been featured and there's a little paragraph with my name in it :-D
Tuesday 17 July 2007 4.21pm
Ackroyd is a visionary in his own way, but I've always found his books irritating, albeit intriguing, and his book on London is a very strange production, not to say riddled with errors. Iain Sinclair kicks him right into touch. So does Jerry White. As a broadcaster, Ackroyd is also limited, although I though the script last night was good, and the delivery was a bit crisper than it usually is from him.
Friday 12 October 2007 6.24pm
Peter Ackroyd, author of London: The Biography, will be interviewed on Sky Arts The Book Show soon and you have the chance to ask him a question. I've seen conversation in here showing people discussing his views on London's skyline and thought many people would be interested in directing questions straight to the man.

Does this tickle your fancy or is it too much effort? What would you want to ask him?

click here: http://www.skyarts.co.uk/SkyArts/Books/article.aspx?artid=4975

to read the whole story.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions