London SE1 community website

Tesco Borough

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5
Sunday 21 October 2007 10.26pm
Staff are likely to be a bit clueless early on, and stock levels will inevitably be erratic. I'd have thought demand for sandwiches might be quite high, though - lots of site workers, students, rushed office workers.
Monday 22 October 2007 12.05pm
the fridge sprung a leak today...still no broadsheet papers and waht the heck are "rustlers" they have loads of em
Monday 22 October 2007 12.23pm
I bought the Guardian there this morning; they do have quality papers, just not many copies of each.
Monday 22 October 2007 1.18pm
easyrecall wrote:
Hello
can I just remind everyone that 5 mins walk from this new Tescos there is a row of small local shops on Great Suffolk Street.

Too true easyrecall

That butcher makes the best sausages in town
fruit and veg always handy to top up what I dont get at Boro Mkt
flowers useful
caff also v good but I dont go there that often.....

shop local = keep local alive = community

I am intrigued at those who will go 10 miles out of their way to save 1. TIME has a cost.

I always hope I wont need that funeral director too soon......do fancy black horses with white plumes though when the time comes even tho I aint a cockerknee......or a mockney
Tuesday 23 October 2007 8.28am
I don't believe anyone would go ten miles out of his or her way to save a pound.
Tuesday 23 October 2007 9.19am
you dont save anything by shopping at the empire square tesco ... its a convenience store and prices goods accordingly.
Friday 9 November 2007 2.10am
I had my parents visiting last week and they went to the Tesco twice and each time they got the wrong price at the till. The second time they had to get a manager to work out that 6 rolls at 21p didn't come to 1.60!
Friday 9 November 2007 6.50am
this is the worst tesco i have ever been to. rubbish stock and clueless staff.
Friday 9 November 2007 4.02pm
I agree that the staff are a bit clueless but i went in there 1 sunday a few weeks back, the sushi had that days date on so i asked if they would reduce it for me. It was 2.99 and they reduced it to 75p!
In sainsburys they normally only knock 25p or so off.
Also, don't like the wine choices in tesco :(
Friday 9 November 2007 4.07pm
Now all we need is a decent supermarket on Tower Bridge Road.

Great Costcutters but nowhere to buy decent meat. Plus the costcutters are about as expensive as M&S.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 4 of 5
Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions