London SE1 community website

Where to buy quality carpets locally

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 5 July 2007 9.25pm
hi all

does anyone have a good recommendation for where to buy good quality carpets in the area or nearby? Our flat is in need of some love.

thanks

Vaughan
Friday 6 July 2007 5.49am
Have you looked in Scotts tower bridge road, they used to have a large shop in rotherhithe and used T.B.R for offcuts but the bigger store burnt down..it is not big, go and see you may find a magig carpet!
Friday 6 July 2007 7.25am
Carpetrite in OKR are good.
Friday 6 July 2007 11.16am
Slight bias here as I work for them, but John Lewis carpet is surprisingly good value for money (so I'm told by people who have bought it). The floor coverings department at Oxford Street is a bit tucked away at the moment but it's rather large. There must be a reason John Lewis are growing their market share of floor coverings, anyway.
Sunday 8 July 2007 12.25pm
I used a carpet shop on Tower Bridge Rd a few months ago, can't remember the name but it's very close to the Bricklayers Arms roundabout. It's far cheaper than Carpetright on OKR and the quality was very good - wool, decent underlay etc.
Monday 9 July 2007 10.00am
whilst their prices are good I find Scotts on TBR rather un relaible. On more than opne occassion have waited for them to turn up to measure and give a quote. When I commented about their first no show I got a shrugs of the shoulders and no apology. A second no show means Im still looking for a local supplier of carpet.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions