London SE1 community website

How to keep visitors amused in SE1 ?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Thursday 2 October 2003 6.42pm
and don't forget the coach-loads of discerning OAP's who frequent Masters for lunch on Tuesdays
Thursday 2 October 2003 8.42pm
There is of course the plain old fish & chip shop in Long Lane - opposite the Valentine pub - they do cook a nice piece of skate while you wait and you can also phone and order. It's take away only though.

There is one you can eat in just off Borough High Street, opposite Trinity Street.
jan
Friday 3 October 2003 8.08am
Olley's in at the borough - small can sit down..its GreatSuffolk street . loads of cabbies use it too.
Friday 3 October 2003 8.17am
Yes. Ollies (?sp?) for me
Friday 3 October 2003 9.14am
Harriet

I've missed the boat concerning your friends' visit but if you are ever looking for something more local I would recommend the Old Operating Theatre and Garret. Its at the junction of Borough high St and St Thomas St, (opposite the Bunch of Grapes pub). I'd recommend it to anyone and particularly so if you call up before-hand and arrange to visit when they are giving a presentation. When I went we were shown Victorian surgical practises related to the removal of gall stones!

gggggrrrrrruuff
Wednesday 8 October 2003 9.27am
or get them to lobby a local restaurant to provide room for one-eared stuffed toys
Monday 13 October 2003 2.26pm

How about taking them to Manze's on Tower Bridge Road for traditional Pie, Mash and Jellied Eels.

Get there early though (especially on a Saturday) as they queue right down the road.
Tuesday 21 October 2003 8.51pm
Fish & chip shop - most definitely Olley's in Great Suffolk St. The best anywhere.

And Maria Moruzzi of the former Borough Cafe in Park St is now open in Borough Market (next to the Southwark Tavern) on Thursday Friday & Saturday. Real traditional bubble & squeak etc.

Have a good time
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions