London SE1 community website

Tower Bridge Dry Cleaners - too pricey

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 2 of 7
Wednesday 22 August 2007 7.42pm
Osamede wrote:
dave baker wrote:
The one by Manzes is fantastic....
good prices and they will go the extra mile in emergencies
That is Crystal Dry Cleaners and I can vouch for them too. Service is great and the owner, who is an Afghan refugee turned London resident - is a neighbourhood gem. He gets to know the customers and really goes the extra mile for you. Its people like that who make Bermondsey a fantastic neighbourhood.

Indeed, Crystal Dry Cleaners are top! Wonderful people and they gave me a bottle of wine for Christmas!
Wednesday 22 August 2007 8.37pm
This whole forum is getting out of control. It is business bashing online fuelled by gossip and unsubstainsiated claims.

I for one am going to be just be reading it to find out what the latest empty building plot is going to be etc. Other than that I am going to be avoiding the petty tittle tattle that it has become.

I hope that most people see through the comments for what they are but ultimately people will move away from the site which is sad.
Thursday 23 August 2007 9.34am
I don't think you can call it business bashing. I've re-read this thread and there is very even spread of positive and negative comments.
Thursday 23 August 2007 9.41am
Deano, why shouldn't we share good and bad experiences with local businesses to each other? If a specific store in my neighborhood was dreadful, I'd like to be informed of it. Likewise, if there is a great shop around, why not telling it???
Judging from all the posts on various threads, TB Dry Cleaners has clearly a problem of quality and customer service. Reading all the posts, it appears to me that they certainly do not deserve my money . On the other hand, I agree with people on Crystal Dry Cleaners. They're just great, very friendly and very professional. They deserve to be successful because they clearly go the extra mile for their customers, something that TB Dry Cleaners won't bother doing.
Thursday 23 August 2007 9.46am
Thursday 23 August 2007 10.35am
Speaking as one who has had about five trips to any dry cleaners in the last 12 years of being in the area.I personally am amazed there is a market for three dry cleaners in such close proximity.

The dry cleaners which has become everybodys bete noire must be doing something right as it expanded into what was the old catering equipment shop.
Thursday 23 August 2007 1.22pm
Only ever used Crystal, who are unfailingly charming, effective and good at alterations.
Thursday 23 August 2007 1.48pm
Crystal Clean are good. I didn't think the other ones were bad, though. The reason there's such high demand is largely, I think, to do with lots of people using the shirt service.
Wednesday 29 August 2007 11.54am
My boyfriend uses the TBR one next to barclays for his shirts.. They are done well, but on one occasion they lost one of his shirts, and just replaced it with another, which we immediately knew wasn't one of ours! He never got that shirt back.

Also, I used to ask my boyfriend to drop off my stuff - and for one of my work dresses, they charged him 12 because it had beading on it, whereas a previous time they charged me 8, even though on the board it said dresses for 7.

The response was that the board gives prices from.. So dresses are 'from 7' ie yes they can charge what they like.

And the final straw for me was when I got one of my work dresses back and noticed that a teeny ketchup stain on the dress was still there - leading me to question whether the dress had actually been cleaned or not!

I refuse to go there anymore - am currently trying to budget and so have been taking my dry cleaners to Morrisons in Peckham where they have a 4 items for 12 deal.. I wouldn't recommend the shirt service though, because they are not properly ironed.. However, it means that I have dry cleaning there that I haven't picked up for 2 weeks because it's a bit far!

My boyfriend continues to drop off his shirts because it's conveniently on the way to work..
Wednesday 29 August 2007 6.25pm
there is a new dry cleaners adjacent to empire/tabard square in crosby row...just thought id mention it
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 2 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions