London SE1 community website

Tower Bridge Dry Cleaners - too pricey

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 4 of 7
Friday 3 April 2009 11.26am
Avoid at all cost.. they destroyed an evening dress of mine last year and I am still struggling to get compensation for it even though in the end they did take the blame. That was after suggesting I had maybe put on weight hence the dress being 3 sizes too small. Their customers service never return calls. I am so upset about this as the dress had only been worn once and cost a small fortune.

AVOID AVOID AVOID
Sunday 5 April 2009 7.32pm
Well after nobody replied to my thread about ironing, i took all my shirts there last week - so i am keeping my fingers crossed that they are still in tact when i pick them up on monday!
Monday 6 April 2009 8.42pm
i have no complaints i have 15 great looking shirts, 2 fine looking suits and 3 neatly pressed pairs of trousers for what i thought was rather a reasonable price. All in all a good job and i can stop wearing jumpers over my shirts!!
Friday 12 June 2009 12.26pm
Well its over 1 year now and I am still awaiting a return call from customer services re: my destroyed dress. I call 1-2 times a week but still Olle (customers service) never calls me back. Im still without 650 dress or compensation.
I have been treated dreadfully by Tower Bridge dry cleaners. Please avoid this place!!! Go to Crystal dry cleaners. They are so careful and reasonably priced. They cant do enough for you.
AVOID AVOID AVOID TOWER BRIDGE DRY CLEANERS
Friday 12 June 2009 1.25pm
Can i suggest rather calling, just keep going in there to ask where they are with your complaint as nobody ever resturn your calls. I suspect they will resolve it a lot quicker, rather and have you keep coming in whilst other customers are there.

As for the customer services guy, Olle, not sure that should be his title. He is responsible for securing contracts for them and does their accounts. I suspect you are very low on his list of priorities.

Trist me, if you keep showing at the shop, eventually they will get tired of you and settle up. I had a similar situation with the one acorss the road, but years ago when it was under differnt mamanagment.

Good luck!!
Friday 12 June 2009 5.12pm
TanyaTintori wrote:
Well its over 1 year now and I am still awaiting a return call from customer services re: my destroyed dress. I call 1-2 times a week but still Olle (customers service) never calls me back. Im still without 650 dress or compensation.
I have been treated dreadfully by Tower Bridge dry cleaners. Please avoid this place!!! Go to Crystal dry cleaners. They are so careful and reasonably priced. They cant do enough for you.
AVOID AVOID AVOID TOWER BRIDGE DRY CLEANERS
Stop calling them... write to them "You have 7 working days to settle this matter" on the 8th day seek recourse through the small claims court, it's inexpensive and effective.
Friday 12 June 2009 5.58pm
and maybe have a word, too, with Trading Standards.
Friday 12 June 2009 10.30pm
I disagree JonnyP, costs around 80 pounds to get your small claims form in. What would be more effective would be to put it towards the cost of a new dress, as well as giving them empty threats like the 7 day deadline JonnyP suggests (I must say putting a deadline does often work, people are never sure whether or not you are bluffing).

I will add however, that I dont think that telling peope to avoid somebody's business which as you know probably feeds and educates the owners children and pays its' emplyoees wages is extremely petty especially given the cureent market, everybody makes mistakes and glitches happen.

I have been happy with the service provided and I also think the cost is reasonable.
Friday 12 June 2009 11.05pm
vickt wrote:
I disagree JonnyP, costs around 80 pounds to get your small claims form in. What would be more effective would be to put it towards the cost of a new dress, as well as giving them empty threats like the 7 day deadline JonnyP suggests (I must say putting a deadline does often work, people are never sure whether or not you are bluffing).
I will add however, that I dont think that telling peope to avoid somebody's business which as you know probably feeds and educates the owners children and pays its' emplyoees wages is extremely petty especially given the cureent market, everybody makes mistakes and glitches happen.

I have been happy with the service provided and I also think the cost is reasonable.

Error.... I DO think it is extremely petty contrary to what I wrote above!!
Saturday 13 June 2009 8.49am
vickt wrote:

If the dress was worth 650 then I'd say it's probably worth it. It is far from 'petty' to seek recourse from a business that has apparently damaged something through it's negligence.

If they want to continue to feed their family from the proceeds of that business then they should offer a proper service and recognise their errors. As you rightly say, times are hard and a good business will focus on excellence at this point in time to retain business... which as we all know is cheaper that seeking it.

A reference to 7 days is only an empty threat if you're not prepared to take action. As you rightly point out court action frequently focuses the mind!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 4 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions