London SE1 community website

Tower Bridge Dry Cleaners - too pricey

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7
Thursday 23 June 2011 8.41am
AndyABC wrote:
I love the fact that EIGHT YEARS after this thread first started, Tower Bridge Cleaners are still able to provoke such extreme reactions. They must be doing something right!

I agree: it is fascinating. This forum is doing them a great favor.
Wednesday 12 October 2011 9.34pm
These dry cleaners ripped me off big time
they took a really expensive coat told me too call back and they will give me a quote
I called back several times no qote they gave me a figure in the 100s too clean this coat with assurances they will deliever the end result,well went there the coat was messed up.They still wanted the money
The coat is finished, they are all about the money.DONT GO.
Wednesday 12 October 2011 11.15pm
Hmmm,

I use Spots on Great Guildford Street. Not cheap, not open at the weekend, but they are very nice and no problems/damage since I have been using them.

Would you like to go with me?
Where?
Wherever I'm going
Are you *really* asking?
Is that your *real* answer?
Thursday 4 April 2013 1.16pm
Not bad. I have found their collection and delivery service quite reliable.
Sunday 22 September 2013 12.42pm
caroline28 wrote:
longlaner wrote:
Has anyone tried out this cleaners on Crosby Row? I'm thinking about giving it a go, but would be interested to know of others' experiences.
They are called Principles, on Crosby Row, and I would avoid them at all cost. I asked them to clean a dress I only wore once: I wanted it to be impeccable, as I intended to wear it for the brunch the day after my wedding. It was in silk chiffon, and they charged me 10. When I collected it, the employee acted in a strange way, and when I came home, I realised the fabric had been badly pulled. When confronted, they said the fabric was fragile, and that it was bound to be damaged, and refused to pay for it to be mended by invisible menders. The employee I spoke to made an impressive display of bad faith and dishonesty, and I even struggled to get my 10 back!

In response to this,

I am astonished to hear your experience as I have been using Principles on Crosby Row for years and every time I have been very satisfied and content with the pricing and level of dry cleaning of my garments. Sorry to hear about your silk chiffon as to my knowledge that is probably quite delicate to clean. However I have all my Silk, chiffon and other expensive materials dry cleaned there and have had marvellous results every time and my garments look as good as new.
Sunday 22 September 2013 1.12pm
maykiki wrote:
Hi all,
I know this thread is old but I'd like to add a comment about Principles on Crosby Row.
I used to go there a lot and was very happy, but it seems their standards went down, or it seems that some of their new employees are trying to ruin the business. One in particular.

I asked them to hem my trousers once, and the hem broke literally 2 minutes after I first wore the trousers. I complained to the manager (I believe he's the manager, anyway he was not the one who did the hem the first time) and he instantly re-hemmed very well my trousers.
An other time, I went to collect some shirts, and after some painfully long minutes of wait, the employee told me they didn't have them, and that I must have had come before and forgotten about it, or it was my partner who came and didn't tell me. The guy was stinking of booze, but he insisted for almost 15 minutes and pretended he didn't understand what I was talking about when I said "Look again please, because you are obviously drunk".

I had already been annoyed by this guy everytime I brought clothes the morning, he was always rude.

He found the shirts eventually, and they had been well cleaned. But this worried me and I don't want to go there anymore, I've always been very happy but I don't want to risk giving my expensive clothes (I only dry-clean the few expensive clothes I have) to a guy who is so drunk he can't find a shirt, what would he do when dry-cleaning a dress in this state?

Anyway, that's my warning.

This thread seems to say that Crystal Dry Cleaner is a good place to go, can anyone confirm this still?

have a good day SE1 people :-)

To my knowledge I asked about the 'drunk' employee and the the manager was extremely friendly and told me that he had been sacked because of his drinking habit. The staff are polite and very helping. Sorry to hear about your experience and now there should be nothing to fear :)
Tuesday 22 September 2015 11.50am
If you want to get rip off then visit principle dry cleaners on crosby row se1. They charge different price for different customer. Very bad service and total rip off shop.
avoid them if you have hard earned money.
Tuesday 22 September 2015 11.51am
If you want to get rip off then visit principle dry cleaners on crosby row se1. They charge different price for different customer. Very bad service and total rip off shop.
avoid them if you have hard earned money.
Tuesday 22 September 2015 12.00pm
I've never used Principle dry cleaners, but your post seems a bit unfair to me Jaggu. You haven't explained what is wrong with their service. There might be a perfectly innocent explanation for the different prices point. Over the years, I've used various dry cleaners and at various times they've given me a discount or said "This one's on the house" on account of me being a regular customer. Perhaps Principle has a similar explanation?
Tuesday 22 September 2015 12.46pm
They charged me different price for the same jacket.
I went their twice and the first time I paid 6.00 for my jacket and next time when I took it the same jacket I was charged 10.00.
I did not argue but understood their business how they conduct.
They also gave no invoice.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions