London SE1 community website

Elephant Regeneration Partner

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
PJ
Wednesday 25 July 2007 8.57am
So Jackie how was the launch meeting? Anything to report?
Wednesday 25 July 2007 10.52am
Party tonight! The Press were on my terrace while I was still in the AIR on the way from Tel Aviv...so pics will no doubt appear. Will report on tonight tomorrow.
Wednesday 25 July 2007 3.20pm
From what I can gather it looks like the best choice as people like Oakmayne and Richard Rogers are already in the Lend Lease fold. Congratulations to them, it's an incredible opportunity and I hope they do a fantastic job!
PJ
Wednesday 25 July 2007 4.21pm
What will be their first actions? I really would like to see some developments starting.

For instance the underpasses are flooded and you have to step over the flood on old fruit boxes (really) and lights are out.

When can these be filled in?
Wednesday 25 July 2007 7.57pm
EXACTLY! THis is what I told Richard Thomas tonight at the party....the Underpasses need to get started in order that people will start believing in the project. He said "But the project is already under way" which is true (viz. Oakmayne, Steadman Street, Strata etc.). There was a meeting with the Mayor a couple of weeks ago and he has told TFL to get a move on (as I always told you, TFL has been holding everything up and I knew the Mayor was the only one who would tell them to pull their finger out).THat these things are unbearably slow is maddening but true. I had very good chats with the London Park developer (he's taking me to lunch) and with John Prevc who's building Strata, and will be going to look at all their plans. Also talked to Phil Spencer (Location,Location Location) who's coming to film in the next 10 days...will keep you abreast of every move.
PJ
Wednesday 25 July 2007 8.22pm
Oh marvellous. Sounds like all the great and the good were there.

I have just put a deposit down on a one bedroom in Strata (32nd) floor, so would be interested in any future news from your meeting with John Prevc.

Thanks Jackie!
Wednesday 25 July 2007 8.53pm
What deposit is required for Strata? Are there one beds left?

Thanks
PJ
Wednesday 25 July 2007 9.00pm
10%. They were advertising them in the Standard today. Got ours in the 1st batch a couple of months ago.
Wednesday 25 July 2007 9.41pm
Thanks PJ
Thursday 26 July 2007 10.14am
Jackie

What's happening with the Friends of Elephant Group which was mooted a few months ago?

And how can we as people who live in the area make our voices heard as regeneration progresses - rather than all the developers and speculators looking to make a fast buck out of the area?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions