London SE1 community website

Tribeca Square (Oakmayne Plaza)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 11 of 20
PJ
Wednesday 14 May 2008 1.19pm
Why does it say on the Elephant and Castle website on 27th of December that this project is underway when in actual fact it is delayed pending final permission.

Another example of the pr puffery and out right lies concerning regeneration at Elephant which will obviously be mired for years in delays.
Wednesday 8 October 2008 11.18am
A revised application has been submitted for the Oakmayne Plaza scheme adding more residential units and reconfiguring some of the retail space. The cinema is also changed from 6 screens to 4, though I'm not clear if that is a reduction in space or just a different way of carving up the same space.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
PJ
Tuesday 14 October 2008 6.03am
I thought that Oakmayne went back to the planners at the end of last year?? So this development is now over 18 months behind original schedule?
Tuesday 14 October 2008 8.38am
Yes, they have planning permission for the second application.

This is the third planning application now.

Tuesday 14 October 2008 1.16pm
They should really take the "Commencing 2007" signs off the hoardings.....
PJ
Tuesday 14 October 2008 5.32pm
Yes the 2007 signs are symptomatic of the genearl development malaise at E&C.
Wednesday 26 November 2008 11.35am
The revised Oakmayne Plaza scheme goes to planning committee next week.

Thursday 4 December 2008 2.23pm
Latest: http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/3641

Not much prospect of any work starting till September 09.

Wednesday 25 February 2009 12.05pm
As a former resident of the Heygate (or as my friends described it Bierut) who was driven to suicidal depths of despair in trying to get into social housing. I read with utter dismay that this development will not include a social housing element, hotels, cinemas yet another supermarket are we blind to the fact that people need housing or is this simply going to be another way of making the very few obscenely wealthy at the expense of the people who run London, I would say that a minimum 40% affordable rental housing within this development is a must.
Monday 19 October 2009 11.58am
I notice the 'commencing 2009' text has been removed from the hoardings round the site

Current: 11 of 20

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions