London SE1 community website

Tribeca Square (Oakmayne Plaza)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 20
Wednesday 1 August 2007 2.17pm
http://www.56a.org.uk/gentry.html

interesting link i found today.....have to admit that i didnt realise that the flats above the new chinese restaurant on walworth road were actually a unite student housing block...
Wednesday 1 August 2007 4.25pm
Intriguing if out of date (Metro has since been painted). But someone is NOT a happy bunny.
Monday 6 August 2007 2.05pm
Perhaps the planned hotels on Waterloo Road (see http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/57167 ) may have undermined the business case for a hotel at Oakmayne Plaza. Although I suppose these will be a shorter walking distance to the London Eye (although the Elizabeth House / Three Sisters development may remove their view of the Eye)

Until the subways at E&C are removed, I guess tourists might be somewhat intimidated/confused by the short walk from Oakmayne to the tube stations.

Steve
Monday 6 August 2007 2.09pm
argent wrote:
Until the subways at E&C are removed, I guess tourists might be somewhat intimidated/confused by the short walk from Oakmayne to the tube stations.

Steve

are the subways going to be removed?? How overdue is it??
Monday 6 August 2007 3.50pm
INDOMIE wrote:
http://www.56a.org.uk/gentry.html
interesting link i found today.....have to admit that i didnt realise that the flats above the new chinese restaurant on walworth road were actually a unite student housing block...

Yes, it's Julian Markham House. I was the live-in warden for the first year or so, but that was before Dragon Castle opened.
Monday 6 August 2007 4.25pm
I think the Southern roundabout was going to be removed about 18 months ago...
PJ
Friday 21 September 2007 5.28pm
Anyone got a progress report on how this development is getting on?
Friday 21 September 2007 5.32pm
I'd imagine that the revised planning application with the student accommodation and additional retail units at ground level will come to planning committee in the next month or two.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 21 September 2007 8.16pm
Oakmayne optimistically think their planning application will come up at the next committee and get passed without a murmur. Knowing planning committees, they are generally hopelessly behind schedule, and that means the developers can go ahead by default. The other case is that there should be some objection, because the whole E&C will be one big student hostel.

The go ahead HAS been given for filling in the subways, there has been endless discussion about how wide the crossways should be, whether there should be "pig pens" in the middle or not...and so on. UGH. Consultants!!!
PJ
Friday 21 September 2007 9.55pm
So is the work on Oakmayne progressing still or is it on hold?

When are the subways scheduled to be filled in now?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 3 of 20

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions