London SE1 community website

Tribeca Square (Oakmayne Plaza)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 20
PJ
Tuesday 9 October 2007 1.58pm
I think it would be great if Lend Leese and Oakmayne would each give us clear and revised timetables for their work in the area.
Tuesday 9 October 2007 9.32pm
This IS coming together kids, I promise. When I get back in two weeks the new site Ourelephant.org will be functional and I'll be getting max. info. And of course the Forum will get any news I get.
Tuesday 9 October 2007 11.22pm
I assume that Oakmayne are just doing whatever will generate the most return on their investment. It would be nice to have a hotel here, but it may be that its just not financially feasible. It seems there are at least 2 hotels going up on waterloo road, and visitors are always going to want to stay as close to town as possible, so Elephant, as its a little further out, and perhaps (!) less beautiful that Bayswater etc is going to be a less attractive hotel destination.
Wednesday 10 October 2007 12.42pm
Well I doubt that it isnt financially feasible, it's just easier to grab the opportunity of a buyer turning up and taking some of the imponderables out of the development. What concerns me is that we were promised a hotel in the Master Plan and I, for one, was highly relieved - most of us dont have a lot of space for visitors. I think it was a bit chicken of Oakmayne to sell out so early in the game, and if one believes in the E&C regeneration one has to put one's money where one's mouth is.
PJ
Wednesday 10 October 2007 2.47pm
Can we get a timetable from them and an idea of what retail interest there is in the scheme. It would be a disaster if the cinema and retail element doesn't take off too.
Wednesday 10 October 2007 3.11pm
I think a large part of the retail is going to the current traders in the E&C Shopping Centre....Jackie may be able to correct me there tho....
PJ
Wednesday 10 October 2007 5.07pm
I thought that the current retailers were going to be in the new market area. I think this retail space is up for grabs.
Wednesday 10 October 2007 5.19pm
PJ wrote:
I thought that the Mayors Plan for London highlighted E&C as an area for hotels.

I dont think E+C is mentioned specifically in relation to hotels at all. From memory it says it is generally suitable for tall buildings, will help increase office space and should have more housing. Cant remember anything specific about hotels.
Wednesday 10 October 2007 7.03pm
In the Standard today a DTZ leaflet says that the Plaza will have 283 apartments, offices, multiscreen cinema and the market square. It says completion is scheduled for 2010.
PJ
Wednesday 10 October 2007 8.12pm
The market square is where the E&C current market traders have been offered. I think there is other retail in the main building too.

Can you scan the leaflet?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 20

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions