London SE1 community website

Guerrilla Gardening in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Wednesday 10 October 2007 1.56pm
Thanks for the orders. I saw Chavender's worrying note about last year's batch. I must say the inclusion of screws was not deliberate, I've no idea how that happened as screws and gardening don't usually go together and I'd have thought hard nasty stuff like that dropped out at the sieving stage. Last year the pillows were red not yellow coloured as you describe, so perhaps it was a fake! (They must be special if people are making fakes!)
We're finishing off production this weekend, I've dispatched the few we made first the rest will be posted out next week. Please do spread the word... we spent over 213.07 alone on over 1000 tulips and allium last week (that will all be planted in Southwark in the next three weeks and these pillows are the main fundraising push.
Thanks
Richard
Wednesday 10 October 2007 2.06pm
Ah, maybe it was orange or red. I thought the screw was rather cool, even if not deliberate, and gave it good urban credentials. They smell gorgeous anyway, and it's nice to know the money is helping to buy tulips and bulbs to improve our environment.
Sunday 14 October 2007 3.56pm
After another full day of stitching and stuffing I'm glad to say we now have lots of GuerrillaGardening.org London Lavender pillows ready to dispatch made from lavender we planted on the traffic island of Westminster Bridge Road. All orders (many I believe from readers of this forum) will be posted tomorrow. If you've yet to get one please consider it as it helps fund more planting around here in public spaces.

http://www.guerrillagardening.org/gglavender.html
Wednesday 17 October 2007 2.00pm
Just a quick note to say that my girlfriend loved her lavender pillow so I've ordered another one for my Mum...great work...
TAK
Wednesday 17 October 2007 10.12pm
Having read about it on here, I of course had to have one of those little cusions.

As I opened my frontdoor tonight I could already smell the lavender cushion laying inside one of the envelopes on the floor.

Really, really nice I have to say - I feel like getting another one!
Thursday 18 October 2007 3.23pm
Heh! I went to Perronnet House to buy some last night as I live just across the road. Richard was kind enough to let me in and have a nosy around his flat into the bargain! My flatmate was very pleased with hers and my room smells delightful today. They are great!
Tuesday 30 October 2007 10.47pm
Glad to hear you're liking the guerrilla gardening London lavender pillows. For all those who want to sniff and squeeze before buying I'm glad to say the friendly CROCKATT & POWELL bookshop on Lower Marsh (119-120) are stocking them. They are our exclusive retailer! Wow.

They are doing it for the love of it (and to make their nice shop smell even nicer) and are not taking a penny of the retail price. Given that our guerrilla lavender field is just round the corner from them it seems mighty appropriate too.

I've given them just ten for now on sale or return, but if you could shop there it would save me all the stuffing envelopes marlarky, and I can always give them more if they sell out. We've sold about forty so far.
Monday 17 December 2007 7.08pm
Next year, you might want to see if you can sell them through Marmalade (the new shop on TBR) - they would be the perfect complement to the range of candles, cards, etc. the shop already has. No connection other than as a satisfied lavender pillow owner and customer of Marmalade (I couldn't resist wrapping all this year's presents in their bah humbug and i hate christmas paper!).

Chris
Friday 11 April 2008 9.47am
Worth flagging up this forthcoming debate at the Museum of Garden History in connection with the launch of Richard's new book:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/event/4487/guerrilla-gardening

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions