London SE1 community website

Starbucks in Borough

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6
PKM
Wednesday 3 October 2007 9.11am
I think cafe nero does pretty good coffee - you get two shots of esspresso in the americano. Having returned from the US recently I reckon we do quite well on coffee - it was impossible to get anything other than that neverending cup of thin stuff over there.
Wednesday 3 October 2007 9.18am
I favour Nero, too. I like the strong coffee, the fact that a small cup really is small, and the loyalty card.
Wednesday 3 October 2007 9.25am
I agree. Nero's no Monmouth but IMHO it's vastly superior to any of the other chains. Shame there isn't one nearer (to my Southwark Bridge Road office) than the one at More London.
Wednesday 3 October 2007 9.29am
Ruth Elleson wrote:
Shame there isn't one nearer (to my Southwark Bridge Road office) than the one at More London.
I would have thought that the new Caffe Nero at St Mary Overie Dock would be closer than More London:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/map/643/caffe-nero

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 3 October 2007 9.41am
Oooh, didn't even know that one was there - thanks James!
Wednesday 3 October 2007 4.56pm
Logic woman, logic. Why don't you just go to Monmouths? Even with James' revelation it's as near as damn it the same distance from your nearest Nero, and you obviously(?) think the latter is OK, but not as good. Or to put it another way, before his revelation why would you think it a shame that there was an inferior coffee emporium 900m away when there was a superior one just 200m from your office?

Yes, I know. I'm missing something. I'm aware that that something is a life.
Wednesday 3 October 2007 7.34pm
I was going to say that myself, but you got there first ;-) In fact, I think Monmouth is closer than either of the Neros.

None of the above are actually en route from the bus stop to my office, however. (Cafe Arlington is).
Thursday 4 October 2007 1.14pm
Just thought I would mention that Tas Cafe on Borough High Street does really nice coffee. I like the coffee at Costa and Nero but loathe Starbucks 's coffee, if that's useful to anyone to gauge Tas by!
Saturday 6 October 2007 2.02am
they move in
refurb
open up
then go straight out into the public pavement that you and I pay for and stick an A board slap bang in the middle of it

you can complain to Southwark Council via email about this branch's arrogance here (tho they do send you round the houses a bit sometime)

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/YourServices/transport/StreetsAndRoads/Obstructions.html
Saturday 6 October 2007 1.46pm
nero is ok...the best of the chains admittedly and not in Starbucks league of ghastliness. lets face it Starbucks exists for people who dont like coffee, they do everything they can to disguise the taste from the sick syrupy flavourings to their washed out make-it-large milkshake sized "cappucinos". the one in borough hig street will do well enough though as most will consume any old tosh so long as its cheap and easy to get hold of. my advice take a walk to monmouth in stoney street or buy an espresso machine
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions