London SE1 community website

Berkeley Homes @ Potters Fields & ex-St Olave's Grammar School

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 47
Thursday 6 September 2007 5.37pm
Yes spacemaker, it seems to have been a plug for the development.
Friday 7 September 2007 3.46pm
another one you mean,they have been supposedly advertising it for years now.

but what did Simon Hughes say about the sports museum.
Saturday 15 September 2007 3.45pm
I read the original thread about Potters Fields with a combination of amusement and disbelief. I never thought I'd be grateful that SE22 isn't on the river. As for the complaints about Councillors Stanton and Thomas, and CEO Annie Sheppard, I kept waiting for someone to point out the Audit Commission, the Committee on Standards in Public Life and the Local Government Ombudsman all have oversight of local authorities. Given that the CPA assessments are currently under way a complaint to the Audit Commission accompanied by a formal request to downgrade LBS's rating might have real impact.

Equally, a solicitor could have been instructed to bring judicial review proceedings. There is quite a lot the residents of SE1 can do if they really set their minds to it. It might be worth contacting the Minister for London too. However, a quicker and cheaper route is the Freedom of Information Act; make an application and if LBS is obstructive complain to the Information Commissioner.
Wednesday 19 September 2007 2.07pm
Ken Livingstone has threatened a compulsory purchase order:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2920

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 19 September 2007 4.00pm
Story now updated with reaction from Nick Stanton

Wednesday 19 September 2007 4.05pm
Shame on Ken Livingstone! he seems to have forgotten the purpose of his office.
Elections soon around the corner!
Wednesday 19 September 2007 4.50pm
Well, I was aware of Ken's irritation with Nick Stanton as I posted on this Forum. Since Stanton could not give any clear proposal when he was sitting in front of the Mayor and had every chance to make a sensible suggestion, he just said he "didnt know" what would be better than BH;s ghastly Daleks, no wonder Ken's lost his rag. In this instance it's ENTIRELY Nick Stanton's fault for - yes - faffing about! what a waste of space he is.
Wednesday 19 September 2007 5.08pm
Now with additional comment from Cllr Jenny Jones AM
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2920

Wednesday 19 September 2007 5.54pm
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
no wonder Ken's lost his rag. In this instance it's ENTIRELY Nick Stanton's fault for - yes - faffing about! what a waste of space he is.

There may well have been past failures over this site and even a lack of information on current negotiations to interested parties (though I've no idea how important it is to keep these confidential) but this in no way excuses Ken's latest intervention. It seems to me to be counter-productive and contrary to the wishes of local people (who did after all vote for a party that promised to find a cultural use for the site).
Wednesday 19 September 2007 8.19pm
James Hatts wrote:
Story now updated with reaction from Nick Stanton

James, your background to the story includes (my highlighting):

"The manifesto on which Southwark's Lib Dem-led administration was elected last year included a pledge to lead "the development of the vacant site between Potters Fields Park and Tower Bridge to include a nationally and internationally-recognised centre for arts and culture".

Do you know what use for the site was shown on the Southwark Development Plan at the date the Berkeley Homes proposal was put forward? I think that would be more pertinent.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 47

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions