London SE1 community website

Berkeley Homes @ Potters Fields & ex-St Olave's Grammar School

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 8 of 47
Friday 5 October 2007 5.58pm
There's an article about Potters Fields by the editor of Estates Gazette on the business pages of today's Standard.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 6 October 2007 5.02pm
I am out of the country. Would someone be kind enough to post a link?
Jim
Friday 12 October 2007 5.20pm
Maybe someone who is able to attend next Monday's Bermondsey Community Council could put a question to our councillors during the Q&A slot to show that there is still strong local feeling about what happens on the Potters Fields site?
Friday 12 October 2007 5.23pm
As I anticipated some time ago, Councillor Stanton is using the back door at the Town Hall to push through some kind of less than good deal to sell off Southwark's land to Berkeley Homes. It would seem this is going to happen at the next meeting of the Executive Board next Tuesday the 16th October.

The only recently published Agenda (only 5 working days before the meeting) on the Council's website reveals the following under item 20;

Other Reports

Potter's Field: Options and Way forward

According to Everton Roberts, the Clerk to the Executive, no such report has yet been circulated by Tim Thompson of the Planning Department who will be distributing it on Monday (1 day before the meeting). No one knows what is in the report and any Questions must be submitted in writing 3 working days before the meeting. If anyone wanted to send a Deputation this would need to be submitted and approved 9 working days before the Executive Board on the 16th October. Neither a detailed Question nor a Deputation can now be sent as the Report will only be circulated 1 day in advance of the meeting.

More importantly according to Everton Roberts it seems that the most important elements of the Report will be discussed in Secret with the Exclusion of the Press and Public!

I suggest if you want to stop Stanton, get open local Government and Potter's Field to be developed for THE MAINLY CULTURAL USE THE VAST MAJORITY OF LOCAL RESIDENTS WANT that you attend the meeting and make your point directly to the Executive Members.

Executive Board Meeting:

7.00 pm October 16th

Town Hall

Peckham Road,

Camberwell,

London, SE5 8UB
Tuesday 16 October 2007 8.00pm
I have heard the opposite. From what I gather there are several new offers on the table. Surely if that's the case they'd be using tonight to discuss what to do about those?
Wednesday 17 October 2007 7.17am
I doubt if Nick Stanton is at the bottom of this, look further to Annie Shepherd...
Wednesday 17 October 2007 10.57pm
greenspace2 wrote:
I have heard the opposite. From what I gather there are several new offers on the table. Surely if that's the case they'd be using tonight to discuss what to do about those?
That seems to be the case:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2971

More to follow tomorrow.

Thursday 18 October 2007 9.46pm
Hopefully the hill will be getting serious consideration now.
Friday 19 October 2007 11.35am
In recent weeks NS and SH(MP) have been spotted more than once meeting with a prominent SE1 Architects practice
Wednesday 24 October 2007 9.54am
In many ways the Mayor's latest comments don't add much that's new:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2981

But the Mayor did quote from the planning inspector's report which I haven't seen before (I've only got the secretary of state's decision letter):

Quote:
Overall, I consider that the proposals would provide exemplary and world-class architecture on an outstanding and prominent site. The design would be one which people would experience with marvel, wonder and delight. It would respect its context, and would provide an outstanding environment in which people could live, work, visit and enjoy. It would add to Potter's Field Park and the important open spaces, which give so much public enjoyment along the banks of the Thames. It would enhance the whole of the capital, and would give to London an architectural gem for present and future generations to treasure.

Current: 8 of 47

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions