London SE1 community website

Tell me about this forum!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Thursday 25 October 2007 3.00pm
At the risk of provoking yet another snarky comment from 'the mapmaker' and wandering further off-topic, for which I apologise in advance - who is 'OP' and where are they on this thread?
Thursday 25 October 2007 3.12pm
I think OP means 'original poster'.
Thursday 25 October 2007 3.14pm
janefs: OP = original poster

The Mapmaker: I am not sure that criticising people's literacy in that manner is likely to foster a better atmosphere on this forum.

Yes, high standards should be encouraged, but I certainly wouldn't want people to be put off from joining in for fear of having their use of language criticised.

[For the avoidance of confusion, I referred to posterity in my original reply to flissdavies. I certainly don't have anything approaching prosperity as a result of this website :-) ]

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 25 October 2007 3.19pm
Mapmaker, just so you know, we are all prone to make spelling mistakes. For example, you are not supposed to put an accent on any capital letter, so "É" as stated in your post is not correct...
Thursday 25 October 2007 4.10pm
James Hatts wrote:
janefs: OP = original poster

Ahh, a light glimmers. That was a 'doh!' moment for me. Thanks James and gerardi.
Thursday 25 October 2007 5.51pm
Blimey
, reading this thread was fun.
Thursday 25 October 2007 5.58pm
OP would like to apologise for the sloppy language. She forgot to reread her email before sending it! This was clearly a huge mistake and will be avoided in the future.

Many thanks for pointing it all out. ( And yes, I meant posterity, not prosperity, apologies).
Thursday 25 October 2007 6.02pm
Furthermore, i would like to thank 'The Mapmaker' for his/her delighful selection of the 26 letters of the upper case alphabet that I was not aware of before posting on this forum.
Thursday 25 October 2007 6.22pm
27..... ;)
Thursday 25 October 2007 7.16pm
I applaud The Mapmaker, I have rarely laughed out loud at the comments made on this forum because usually it is winge,winge,winge, The more comments like his/hers the better, I say :)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions