London SE1 community website

Indian in Waterloo

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 26 September 2003 2.33pm
Tanya - Sui's Restaurant is practically next door to the Tower Tandoori - I've been racking my brains trying to think what was there before - can anyone remember - I'm sure it was once the hire shop but that was ages ago.

Cucina pizzas are unlike any other pizza delivery place - everything is so wonderfully presented, and the delivery guys are faultless - the Peroni reserva beer is also great. mmm pizza
Friday 26 September 2003 2.55pm
Thanks Sarah, I'll give it a go.
Can't remember what was there before either...
Friday 26 September 2003 10.15pm
I've used Simply Indian about half a dozen times and the food just tastes like every other Indian Takeaway I have tasted.
Monday 29 September 2003 10.34am
...tried Pizza Cucina for the first time this weekend based on recommendations above.

What a relief to find a pizza company in the UK who understand that pizza bases should be thin and slightly crispy (not brittle or charred or soft and doughy). Closest thing I've had to Italian pizza since I lived in Rome.

Good choice of ingredients, good service and delivered in 20 mins rather than the 30 promised. Will definitely be using again.

If anyone else is interested, they have a website at http://www.pizzecucina.co.uk where you can check out the menu.

Monday 29 September 2003 11.44am
Peter we used Simply Indian at the week-end.......the chef must have changed......it was just like you said :-( perhaps he's having a month off!

If this is permanent ....it will be a great shame....as they really are good normally...

jan
Monday 29 September 2003 12.37pm
Peter/Jan,

Had my first meal in Simply Indian on Sat night. Thought it was well above average for anything round here (that I know about).

Service was a bit preoccupied at times, but when the bill for two of us came to less than 25 maybe I should expect that.

I'll be going again.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions