London SE1 community website

Morning traffic jam nightmare - Grange Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Wednesday 12 December 2007 11.33am
I emailed [email protected] a few moments ago.

"I have noticed a huge increase in traffic backing up on Grange Road over the past few weeks. It seems that the re-phasing of the traffic rights at the junction with Tower Bridge Road, combined with the unnecessary bus lane, has caused traffic chaos. I'd be most grateful if somebody at Tfl could address this and revisit the phasing of the lights and the need for a bus lane on this road."
Wednesday 12 December 2007 11.41am
TFL, almost certainly. TBR is run by TFL. I guess that as GR is 20mph (whose mad idea was that?), it is run by Southwark.

Quote:
I think somewhere traffic is getting diverted up Pages Walk and out onto Grange Road.

More likely vehicles coming from Dunton Road, up Willow Walk and then up Pages Walk.
Wednesday 12 December 2007 1.58pm
A few weeks ago, the lights at the BS/GR/TBR junction were out completely; the traffic seems to have been bad since then.

As a bus user, I disagree that the bus lane is unnecessary, though! What is a total pain in the bum is drivers of all kinds failing to observe the box junction.
Wednesday 12 December 2007 2.42pm
McQueen wrote:
What is a total pain in the bum is drivers of all kinds failing to observe the box junction.

Agreed - they should have a camera, with signs telling you that there is a camera, as a deterrent.

I blocked a box junction in Holborn and got a 60 fine...I haven't done it again!
Wednesday 12 December 2007 3.14pm
McQueen wrote:
A few weeks ago, the lights at the BS/GR/TBR junction were out completely; the traffic seems to have been bad since then.
As a bus user, I disagree that the bus lane is unnecessary, though! What is a total pain in the bum is drivers of all kinds failing to observe the box junction.

I'm with you on the box junction farce. I presume you are a number 1 bus user, like me! This doesn't address the fact that this bus lane holds up the other 78 bus route on this road! I'm all for bus lanes in the right places (like OKR or Waterloo Road)
Wednesday 30 January 2008 11.38am
If anybody would like to join me in complaining to TfL about the no 78 bus, our local councillor Bob Skelly recommends emailing [email protected] and cc [email protected]

It was mentioned in the latest LibDem report for Grange ward which I received yesterday.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions