London SE1 community website

Zipcar or Streetcar?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6
Wednesday 20 August 2008 12.12pm
I'm a Zipcar user in SE1, and they're great, as Streetcar would be I imagine. The only blemish is their bright green monstrocity of an office on Borough High Street... ugh...
Saturday 8 August 2009 4.10pm
I use Zipcar as well and they are great - awesome cars and lots of car available in SE1 all the time. Much better than streetcar that I used to be a member of.

On top they give 25 free driving credits when joining in - You must have a coupon though... Here it is! :)

Coupon Code for Zipcar LONDON: rieifzma
Feel free to use... ;)

Direct link to the offer:
http://www.zipcar.com/apply?promo_code=rieifzma
Saturday 8 August 2009 10.58pm
Rockpeach, this is the third thread I've come across today where you've been praising zipcar to the high heavens - are you sure there's no connection?
Sunday 9 August 2009 2.01pm
Yeah Rockpeach, all you post about is Zipcar......even your Ikea thread got round to Zipcar.

YOu either work for Zipcar or you are a nutter ..... or both.
Sunday 9 August 2009 6.22pm
Auntie Pat wrote:
Rockpeach, this is the third thread I've come across today where you've been praising zipcar to the high heavens - are you sure there's no connection?

It's because they get a bonus from streetcar by using the referral code quoted above.
Zoe
Sunday 9 August 2009 6.38pm
You have to give her points for ingenuity, if only she hadn't overdone it quite so much!

I joined zipcar free via better bankside (or something like that), as I didn't want to pay a yearly fee. I'm not sure if they are still running this, but I'm sure someone will know.
Monday 10 August 2009 11.15pm
Before to join Zipcar I searched the web to find a coupon but I could not find any and I had to pay the full membership (50) so if this could help 2 ppl, I will be quite happy to be refunded as I get 25 free driving per subscriber...

If the link bothers you just let me know and I remove the link... anyways nobody joined... lol
Tuesday 11 August 2009 9.53am
I notice you've even hijacked Better Bankside's Zipcar page with your affiliate link:

http://www.betterbankside.co.uk/our-services/business-directory/business-services/car-clubs/zipcar

I believe that if people contact Better Bankside at the details they give on that page they are able to (or certainly used to) offer free membership of Zipcar to Bankside businesses, employees and residents.
Thursday 13 August 2009 11.49am
I have been with Streetcar for a few years now and my experience has generally been good. Unavailability of cars at short notice for the weekends is a bit frustrating. A major trauma was when the previous hirer did not return the car at all but Streetcar were good enough to offer to pay for a taxi to their office and pick up a brand new vehicle! Definitely think about the mileages you want to do, for a spur of the moment day trip to Kent it's great but for longer journeys the per mile fee is restrictive (although their policy has changed for long trips?)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 3 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions