London SE1 community website

Zipcar or Streetcar?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6
Wednesday 26 August 2009 11.27am
flego wrote:
http://www.watchoutstreetcar.co.uk
http://streetcarsucks.co.uk

Ico.

I had the same experience with Streetcar - damage to the car I couldn't possibly have caused but which I ended up paying for. I left them shortly after and am now sharing an old banger with friends.
Sunday 22 November 2009 7.16pm
If you're considering joining a car club, or just looking to find out more information this website is well worth a look:

www.comparethecarclub.com or www.carclublondon.co.uk

Good luck with your venture into the world of car clubs!
Monday 23 November 2009 9.23am
Zipcar for me. I prefer their selection of vehicles although sometimes I have to travel a bit further than I might like to get one of the type I want or need for the particular task at hand.
Monday 23 November 2009 11.50am
comparethecarclub.com wrote:
If you're considering joining a car club, or just looking to find out more information this website is well worth a look:

Would you be kind enough to let us know a little bit more about this site. I clicked on the "How Much Money Can I Save" page and rather than take me to any comparison it took my, via a redirect so fast I couldn't see what was on the page, to a specific car club.

Perhaps the site is new and in need of more content, but perhaps it is just a "front" site for an affiliate link - ie it is just there to generate traffic to a specific site, and you are paid to do so.

It is your site, and you are welcome to do with it is as you wish, but I'm curious for more information. There are too many false "comparison" sites around.
Monday 23 November 2009 1.48pm
truthmonkey wrote:
comparethecarclub.com wrote:

Would you be kind enough to let us know a little bit more about this site. I clicked on the "How Much Money Can I Save" page and rather than take me to any comparison it took my, via a redirect so fast I couldn't see what was on the page, to a specific car club.

Perhaps the site is new and in need of more content, but perhaps it is just a "front" site for an affiliate link - ie it is just there to generate traffic to a specific site, and you are paid to do so.

It is your site, and you are welcome to do with it is as you wish, but I'm curious for more information. There are too many false "comparison" sites around.

Hi there Truthmonkey - this is my own personal website which I set up in an attempt to consolidate all the information about car clubs and put it into one site to help people who are looking into the concept of car clubs. To clarify, I make absolutely no money through affliate linking so don't worry about that!

Thanks for pointing out the linking issue with the 'How Much Money Can I Save Link' - this link previously took you to a cost saving calculator on car club operator WhizzGo's website. However, their website now re-directs to City Car Club homepage following the merger of the two companies. I hadn't noticed this. I will update this link ASAP and thanks again for pointing it out.

Other than that, I hope you found the website useful? It's still work in progress and I'm always looking at ways to improve it, so any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
www.comparethecarclub.com
Monday 23 November 2009 2.12pm
Thank you for clarifying. Good luck with the site - with the increase in car clubs it sounds like it will be very valuable.

If you have some sort of open forum I'm sure you will find a lot of people here that have views on the various clubs!
Monday 23 November 2009 2.55pm
Great idea! Will do that right now...

Thanks.
comparethecarlcub.com
Monday 23 November 2009 3.07pm
New thread now started - be interesting to see how it goes! Be great if you could write the first post in reply to get the ball going.

Take care,
Friday 1 January 2010 11.53pm
Just to let you know, I have now updated the domain for the website I told you all about above. It has now become www.carclublondon.co.uk
Wednesday 27 January 2010 10.32pm
Well.. definitly NOT Streetcar and probably not any car club, here is what happened:

I have been a member of Streetcar for 6 months until this week. It's all nice and easy until...

You receive an e-mail stating there was a damage to the car after you left it.

I am being charged 860 pounds for a significant damage which was not on the car when I left it. Customer Services Team is useless, you can never speak to a Manager, they never call you back when you ask them to. They don't care anyway as they just take the money from your credit card !

Many more customers have suffered unjustified charges! be careful for 860 pounds you can buy a second hand car.

Do not subscribe ! it could become the most expensive trip ever !!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions