London SE1 community website

Good and bad customer service in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 12
Tuesday 1 April 2008 12.29pm
Yes I am sorry pooping not good, should of course have been popped, if I had done a poop HSBC first choice....
Monday 7 April 2008 10.45am
In addition to the comments about the Costcutter on Tooley Street, I'd like to say that after the treatment I received two days ago, they lost me as a customer forever. Not only the guy at the counter was rude and unfriendly when I went to pay, but also he changed the price of the item when I wasn't looking and then denied it at my attempt to protest, at the same time accusing me of being cheeky.
Appalling.
Monday 7 April 2008 12.05pm
I already ranted some time ago about the rude people working at Costcutter on Tower Bridge Rd (Bricklayer's Arms end). Yesterday afternoon I was there, and there was a teenage girl in front of me paying some items. She briefly looked at the cash handed back to her, and asked "and where's my penny?". The guy behind the counter looked at her baffled, and asked "Oh you DID count??", and gave her back the missing penny he thought she wouldn't notice... I was amazed. OK it's just a penny, but if they do that with every client, at the end of the month it might be significant. It says a lot about the mentality of these people...
On the contrary, the guys running the new convenience store that opened next door a few months ago are super friendly and customer-oriented.
Saturday 27 September 2008 10.48pm
THe Costcutter in the Cut is yet another example of this... It never ceases to amaze me that the price of an item can fluctuate every time you go in there. I have also had issues of being short changed so now I wont go in there...

However, the similar shop on the corner of Blackfriars Road and Webber Street (sorry can't remember the name as us locals call it "the green shop") is great. The lady in there always goes out of her way to help, even when I accidently jam their photcopier!
Sunday 28 September 2008 9.10am
Re: HSBC on Borough High Street, I went in several times to try to open an account and was told they were too busy (!) or I would have to come back in several hours. One of the greeters finally told me I could make an appointment. Did so and the person opening the account was very nice. I haven't used the tellers, just the machines, since then. Interestingly, they have a machine you can use to deposit cash to your account.

Very interesting to read through this. I've only lived in SE1 since June, and I didn't know BHS ever looked any better. I avoid it when possible.
Sunday 28 September 2008 9.15am
Oh, forgot to mention: About a month ago I took a pair of shoes into Kehoe's on Borough High Street and St Thomas Street. The gum soles had come loose at the toes and needed to be re-glued. The man was not only lovely, but didn't charge me! He will be getting all my future business.
Sunday 28 September 2008 7.09pm
I'm surprised. I found the service in there rather offhand, bordering on rude.

Places where I've had great service lately: El Vergel, Waterloo Wines, Village East, The Rake. Places where I've experienced bad service: The Roebuck, Burger King in London Bridge station (OMG), Brindisa, Londis on BHS, the BHS post office, Tate Modern, The Rake (sic).
Monday 29 September 2008 8.22am
longlaner wrote:
Places where I've experienced bad service: the BHS post office.
I always found most of the staff really helpful, polite and friendly, except for the deeply unpleasant woman who always sat in the window on the far right. It was my experience with her that kicked off this thread. Now the Post Office has closed, and she has presumably lost her job, I hope she has had time to reflect!
Monday 29 September 2008 8.56am
I meant the other post office on BHS, actually. They people at the one near Borough tube were always pleasant enough, apart from the person you're alluding to, whom I remember with painful clarity.
Monday 29 September 2008 9.26am
Just read through this thread when I should have been getting down to my day's work. Realised that, although I've mentioned it on other threads, I've missed an opportunity here to put in a good word for Fine Life on Tower Bridge Rd. No connection, just a satisfied customer. The guy who owns (or maybe manages)it is very friendly and once, when my husband admired a tasty-looking sandwich filling, put some in a roll and added it as a freebie taster to the sandwich he'd ordered. The lady who's usually on the tills is always polite and pleasant. Actually she's kind of quiet - definitely not someone who's been on a havaniceday course - and, to me, all the better for that.

Right - start work, or maybe have one more coffee ...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 12

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions