London SE1 community website

Good and bad customer service in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next
Current: 8 of 12
Tuesday 7 October 2008 1.34pm
You're not going to like this, but ... [email protected] I haven't been to the one by Tower Bridge, but the one on Bermondsey Street has very good lattes. When I first moved into my flat in June, I went there every day to use the free wifi, and had a latte just about every day. They do seem to have a revolving door employee pool, but most of them were nice. There's one Kiwi who has been there for quite awhile who is great.

Edited: Sorry, I missed longlaner's post when I wrote this. To each his own, I guess!
Tuesday 7 October 2008 2.13pm
JRob wrote:
[email protected] Tower Bridge Road. I've written a crap review for them on this site and so have several other people. They're not just bad, they're incredibly rude. I tried more than once because it was conveniently located between things and other things, and because I thought it could be a bad day or one bad employee, or maybe I was getting the tourist treatment. I've noticed in many places here that gruff service can turn into friendly service after just a few visits. But [email protected] just sucks. After the last time, you couldn't pay me to drink coffee in there. No, not even for the privilege of basking in the exquisite heavenly light they seem to think shines out of their a**holes.
Speaking of which, now I'm down at Bermondsey Square, which one of these coffee shops around here has decent coffee and service? I don't want to choke on trendiness, just want to get some foamy coffee and leave.

Coffee, staff and decor at The Maltings Cafe all seem super to me. Well priced too. Actually, maybe I should shut up about this because it also tends to be pleasantly empty...
Tuesday 7 October 2008 3.41pm
I'm probably just being thick, but how do you get in there if you aren't a resident? Isn't the only door inside the entry gate?
Tuesday 7 October 2008 8.35pm
agree about bad service in [email protected], in particular bermondsey st. a shame because they are nice places to chill out, good coffee, comfy seats, newspapers, internet etc. meanwhile back at tesco OKR today, i got the usual grunt, no please or thank you at the checkout. i might understand if the customer is the same, but i always make an effort to say hi / thank you etc, and get very little back. it's sad.
Tuesday 7 October 2008 8.45pm
the coffee served at the little italian place (sorry forgot the name) mid way down long lane between bermondsey square and empire square is good and the service always friendly. however the coffee isnt great, just good, and like [email protected] they serve you in paper cups. paper cups are just not good enough if you are having coffee to stay rather than to go.
as for the staff at [email protected] street what a bunch of self obsessed drips. no personality they seem to be always bored...
Tuesday 7 October 2008 9.45pm
Yes, that place (Inca's?) is good. The people who work there are always chatty. Some good deli items too - Sicilian tomatoes, for instance - but all a bit pricey, although the made-to-order sandwiches seem to me to be good value.
Tuesday 7 October 2008 10.57pm
I guess I must just have low expectations!
Wednesday 8 October 2008 1.09am
I quite like SoBo on Tower Bridge Road. They're always friendly, and the latte is less than 2.
Wednesday 8 October 2008 6.29am
i think Inca is a brand of coffee...Sobo does a nice cappucino but the staff are hardly cheery
Thursday 16 October 2008 3.23pm
They don't serve coffee but the new Leyland paint/DIY/hardware shop on Southwark Street (nr junction of Southwark Bridge Road) is an excellent, if unlikely, addition to the area. Despite being a tenth of the size, it seems to have an infinitely more useful selection of things than the woeful B&Q on OKR. Staff are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable and in the habit of giving a discount too.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next
Current: 8 of 12

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions