London SE1 community website

Bangalore Express

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Friday 15 August 2008 10.36pm
williamn wrote:
Funny how MattyO and Hannahs have never made posts anywhere else on this site...

I don't mean this in an offensive way to anyone who does, but mainly it's because I don't just spend my time writing posts on websites. I tend to only look at this site when I'm looking for info on local services or when I'm just a bit bored and randomly looking things up. For example tonight, I was looking for recommendations for a good hairdresser (so I'm only reading other people's comments) and then thought I'd look back at this thread and see what people were thinking of the place now it's been open a bit longer, when I noted your comment which I thought I ought to respond to.

When I originally saw the posts re Bangalore Express I totally disagreed with them and thought someone should say something good about it-as with most things people tend to spread bad comments rather than good and I still think the place is great!

I didn't realise how suspicious people are! Considering how busy it seems to be whenever I pass it, surely is not that hard to see that people like the place! Have you actually tried it and if so what did you think? It is the food that's the important thing after all. My favouite thing there is the tandoori lamb chops-you should give them a go!

And MattyO-I'm with you on the 4 pint pitchers of Cobra-they're great!
Saturday 21 May 2011 8.55am
I'm Indian and i hated it!
My friend went off to the toilet during her meal to throw up!!! She only mentioned it after so I wasn't put off more! She had the fish and chips, I mean how can u make fish and chips INDIANY? with chutney dip? U joking me? Hahahaha! Anyway heard the toffee dessert is good, not that i would go again! :D
Thursday 20 February 2014 9.41pm
Six years after their opening publicity inspired the creation of the SE1 Hall of Astroturfing Shame, I walked past Bangalore Express tonight and it appeared to be boarded up.
Friday 21 February 2014 6.29pm
I was there a few weeks ago and actually really enjoyed my meal!! Had "staff curry of the day" which was absolutely gorgeous.

Hope it's only boarded up for a refurb and they get rid of those bunk beds :)
Sunday 23 February 2014 9.09am
No wonder it has shut down if they are putting their staff in the curries.
Sunday 23 February 2014 11.17pm
And it's going to be a Tesco, right next to Sainsbury's, how utterly uninspiring. Suppose it had to be that or a Pret.
Monday 24 February 2014 12.14am
seriously?! That's just depressing.
Monday 24 February 2014 9.19am
The staff mentioned something about not being sure how much longer they'd be open - that was last year! I enjoyed eating here tho so it's a pity and I'm afraid I really hope it's not yet another Tesco. The ubiquity of Tesco is actually putting me off them - I now actively avoid the stores.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions