London SE1 community website

Bag thieves at Chopstix

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5
Monday 7 July 2008 9.20am
it's the buffet thing - you should have one person staying at the table with the bags, while the other person goes to get food, then the one eating guards the bags while the second one goes to get food.
common sense really, even when there are no signs warning you, or lots of people around. Ok, so you don't both get to eat food at the exact same time, but that's hardly a big consequence, for bag safety.
Monday 7 July 2008 10.07am
Or both leave your bags on your shoulders while serving yourself at the buffett?
Monday 7 July 2008 10.21am
I don't think it's necessary to insult the original poster, whatever one thinks of the decision to leave a bag on the table. For what it's worth, I don't believe for a minute that the staff of Chopstix are "in on" this.
Monday 7 July 2008 10.42am
@ longlaner - I can't see any posts here that are insulting to the OP. If it's mine, that's not an insult, it's good advice for next time.

we don't know anything about the op - she could be 16 or 80, could be first time in London, might live here. Regardless, she needs to listen to the advice given or she'll probably have her bag knicked again.

I too can't believe that Chopstix are in on it, but stranger things have happened.
Monday 7 July 2008 12.47pm
I think saying "Are you bonkers?" and "Stop blaming everyone else" and "It's such a shame people don't behave more responsibly" could be construed as insulting.
Monday 7 July 2008 1.23pm
Shame. I'd think of them as educational.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 7 July 2008 1.39pm
People are so touchy
Monday 7 July 2008 1.46pm
Am I the only cynical person that looked at this thread?

It just looks like a thread started and bumped by the competition.
Monday 7 July 2008 2.09pm
sorry if anyone thought i was being insulting but its just such a stupid complaint....maybe its a sensible warning...if you leave anything around unminded these days it highly likely to get nicked....thats all....don't blame others for your own stupidity...thats not being rude its just common sense and i'm sorry longlaner you think that is....perhaps we should have slightly thicker skins living in the society we all do.
Monday 7 July 2008 2.43pm
I haven't taken offence personally; I just think that someone who's been unfortunate enough to lose a bag in these cirumstances - and yes, some might call it carelessness - probably isn't going, given his or her feelings of frustration and disappointment, to relish being called bonkers.

As regards moriarty's post, that is cynical, but also plausible, though unless James identifies anything underhand going on I think it would be fair to work on the principle that the original post is authentic.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions