London SE1 community website

Bag thieves at Chopstix

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5
Friday 11 July 2008 1.28pm
The bag was not unattended. There was a person sitting at the table with a two year old child.

I have not made any allegations. I was just making people aware of this place and cautioning them.
Friday 11 July 2008 1.51pm
I'm confused--did the person not notice the thief taking the bag?
Friday 11 July 2008 8.59pm
Isn't this all getting a bit daft? The OP was surely just meaning to warn future diners at this particular venue to hang onto their belongings lest it happen to anyone else? However, this website is perhaps not the best place to issue such a warning as most users are, I suspect, from large built up cities and are extremely "street-wise" already (through nature or nuture - I'm not sure - but it was certainly ingrained in me at a very early age). In this day and age I cannot believe any built up city resident, would leave a bag unattached from their body! A better place for the OP's original helpful warning would perhaps be a tourist website. Then again, there are plenty of postings about the latest scammers on this forum so perhaps we're not all so wise after all.
Tuesday 15 July 2008 10.09am
Sharath,

maybe you could then clarify exactly what happened - I, and I believe several others, were, and probably still are, under the impression that two people went into the restraunt, one of whom is pregnant, bags were placed on seats, or tables, these two people both went to buffet leaving the bags unnatended, which were then stolen, and you were quite rightly a bit miffed.

Now it would appear that there was another person, with a child, still sat at the table who has not been mentioned before. Did they notice what went on? did they grab the bag? put up a fight? shout and scream?

It does sound like you've been very unlucky, and it's a shame that some posters on here have been a bit cruel in there choice of words used.

I hope the experience hasn't put you off visiting our lovely capital city in the future.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5
Current: 5 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions